K1 or K3 from India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 or K3 from India

Highly appreciate any respones on the following!

My Fiance was on F1 before, but when he went to India due to a personal emergency, his University got shut down. When he tried to reapply, they denied F1 (214b). Now we are planning to get married, but not sure which will be the best option - K1 or K3. Any responses to these concerns will greatly help:

1. Will his F1 denial play any negative role in K1 process?

2. As per Indian culture, we are both from two different religions - will this matter at all? If so, what steps are to be taken?

3. I got divorced recently - will this impact negatively at any stage of this process?

4. Do you think we may have higher chance of success with K3 or K1?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Originally posted by WJ41 View Post
    Highly appreciate any respones on the following!

My Fiance was on F1 before, but when he went to India due to a personal emergency, his University got shut down. When he tried to reapply, they denied F1 (214b). Now we are planning to get married, but not sure which will be the best option - K1 or K3. Any responses to these concerns will greatly help:

1. Will his F1 denial play any negative role in K1 process?

2. As per Indian culture, we are both from two different religions - will this matter at all? If so, what steps are to be taken?

3. I got divorced recently - will this impact negatively at any stage of this process?

4. Do you think we may have higher chance of success with K3 or K1?

Thank you so much in advance!!
    Well ther is no K3 visa anymore so you would marry in India and then you come back to the states you would apply for CR1 spousal visa for him to join you in the states. K1 fiance visa takes around the same time right now. You send in 129f petition and then you wait for it to be approved 5-6 months and then your fiance will have interview in India to e approved for K1 visa. Both applications have interview in his home country. Your divorce is irrelevant as long as you have the divorce decree which you have to send to USCIS to prove that you are free to marry. Your religion also has nothing to do with it as far as USCIS are concerned. This is a personal thing for you and if you will be accepted by his culture and family. Read the guides on 129f and Cr1 then you can decide what you want to do. It is purely a personal choice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X