Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

k1 obtained, 90 days proved impossible, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k1 obtained, 90 days proved impossible, now what?

Hello,

After I received the K1 visa and moved to live with my fiance, we waited for almost the whole 90 days before we got married, to experience how life is going to be. It turned out that it wasn't as great as we had expected, and so we broke up, and I returned back to my home country, Lebanon.

Is it possible for me to return to the US again? I know my personal situation (male, 30, single) does not work for me; but part of the reason why I want to go back is to have closure for what happened, talk things calmly, even though we will not go back together, and partly because I had made friends there, and would like to see them again.

Am I too ambitious and "innocent" in assuming I can visit the US again?

Thanx!

Originally posted by frewat View Post
    Hello,

After I received the K1 visa and moved to live with my fiance, we waited for almost the whole 90 days before we got married, to experience how life is going to be. It turned out that it wasn't as great as we had expected, and so we broke up, and I returned back to my home country, Lebanon.

Is it possible for me to return to the US again? I know my personal situation (male, 30, single) does not work for me; but part of the reason why I want to go back is to have closure for what happened, talk things calmly, even though we will not go back together, and partly because I had made friends there, and would like to see them again.

Am I too ambitious and "innocent" in assuming I can visit the US again?

Thanx!
    You can visit on a tourist visa as your K1 is finished now it ended the day you stepped foot in USA. So it is no longer an issue. You just need to show strong ties to your country home address job, bank accounts and so on.

Comment

Thank you

I doubt it's easy to visit the US from Lebanon on a tourist visa. Is it now easier for me to obtain a visit visa because I have obtained a K1 first, and did not overstay my 90-day period?

Do I need to be sponsored by someone to go there again?

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by frewat View Post
        Thank you

I doubt it's easy to visit the US from Lebanon on a tourist visa. Is it now easier for me to obtain a visit visa because I have obtained a K1 first, and did not overstay my 90-day period?

Do I need to be sponsored by someone to go there again?

Thanx
        This website has a guide to learn the process http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa/

And there is a separate forum about visitor visas where you may get better answers from people going that route. You're done with K1.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X