Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fiance visa after J1; influence processing time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiance visa after J1; influence processing time?

I've been to the States on a J1 visa 2 years ago. That's when I met my love .
    I went home after a year and the J1 is expired ever since.

We are going to apply for a fiance visa for me but I was wondering if the process of getting it approved will go any faster since I already have a social security number and been through all the background checks.

Does anybody now if these will effect it at all or is this just me hoping it might go faster ?

Thanks!

I doubt that the processing time will be affected by the fact that you previously had a J1 visa. When you were issued the J1 visa, the background checks were mainly done by the US Embassy in your home country, not by the USCIS. But the I-129F petition is reviewed and approved by the USCIS. Once the approved case gets to the US Embassy, they will know that you had a J1 visa, but you still have to provide the same paperworks as those who never have been issued a visa, so this step won't go any faster either. In my opinion, the time it takes to get the I-129F petition approved mostly depends on when you submit it, and what office that reviews it.

Don't forget to check if the 212(e) applies to you. A waiver might take a while to obtain and you would need it before your visa interview at the US Embassy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfly View Post
      I've been to the States on a J1 visa 2 years ago. That's when I met my love .
      I went home after a year and the J1 is expired ever since.

We are going to apply for a fiance visa for me but I was wondering if the process of getting it approved will go any faster since I already have a social security number and been through all the background checks.

Does anybody now if these will effect it at all or is this just me hoping it might go faster ?

Thanks!
      NO and NO you have to fill in 129f like everyone else and wait for approval like everyone else. Your SSN means nothing just means you don't have to apply for a new one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X