I dont know where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know where to start

My name is Lindsay and I am from Oklahoma. My fiance just lost his BIA appeal and we were waiting on that to get married so that it would not look bad. I want to keep him and I dont know where to start as I have never had to look at immigration stuff. We have been together for two years and I am just randomly crying (anywnere =/) when I think about losing him.
    Here is some information:
    He is from kosovo.
    He came here in EWI dec 07 and applied to immigration court for asylum Jan 08. Less than 180 days but
    His first case was denied and he took it to appeals and was stuck here waiting until April 28 2012 when the appeal was dismissed.
    He has until the 27, I believe for VD.
    What kind of bar am I looking at I do not know where he falls with the amount of time he was in process and only one month without being in court?
    I am a college student with three years until my masters and I do not make the money to meet the guidelines without having a cosigner.
    I am a single mom (previous relationship) and my job as a speech pathologist would be limited to english speaking countries- moving to Kosovo really isn't an option. I am not quite ready to lose my best friend if there is anything that I can do at all, where would you start?

Immediately get a good immigration attorney ( I mean a really good one , even if it costs)
    and see what he can do about his VD deadline.
    Next, the only sure way to keep him is by marrying him and filing an I-130/I-485.
    Find a co-signer for the affidavit of support .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X