Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1/k3 visa

Hello everyone!

My girlfriend is a student (an American citizen). I live in Delhi. We met online, but she came to India to visit me and then decided to stay to study music and Hinduism. We have been together for 11 months now. We are planning to get married here in Delhi and then to move to the USA. However my girlfriend is unemployed and doesn't have an income. She receives funds form her parents for her expenses. I'm self-employed and have savings and an income.

How can we meet the sponsor income requirement?

Thanks in advance!

If she has financial assets (i.e. bank accounts, stocks etc.) that equal at least 3 times the difference between the income and 125 % of the poverty line, you will meet the requirements. Since March 2012, 125 % for a household of 2 people (i.e. you and her) corresponds to $18912 (except for Alaska and Hawaii). If she doesn’t have any income she would need financial assets equal to at least 3 times that sum. If she doesn’t have enough financial assets, one of here parents can be a co-sponsor. In that case the co-sponsor needs to have enough income/assets to cover his/her household plus your household.

Comment

Thank you!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. Appreciate your kindness.

Originally posted by wavedom View Post
      If she has financial assets (i.e. bank accounts, stocks etc.) that equal at least 3 times the difference between the income and 125 % of the poverty line, you will meet the requirements. Since March 2012, 125 % for a household of 2 people (i.e. you and her) corresponds to $18912 (except for Alaska and Hawaii). If she doesn’t have any income she would need financial assets equal to at least 3 times that sum. If she doesn’t have enough financial assets, one of here parents can be a co-sponsor. In that case the co-sponsor needs to have enough income/assets to cover his/her household plus your household.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X