Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting to file for visa for my fiance...have a couple of questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting to file for visa for my fiance...have a couple of questions.

Hello all,

To compress a painfully long story into a couple of senteneces, here I go. My fiance lives in The Republic of Georgia and we must wait to file an application to bring her here to the US to be with me. This is because she has a criminal record in her country for a relatively small offense, nothing violent, and a victimless crime committed years ago. We can have her record expunged prior to applying, but it will take over a year to happen.

1. I am currently visiting her and we can get married now, but I feel like the US will question why we waited over a year (when her record is expunged) to file the petitiion. Is this logical?

2. We plan to get married and start a family, but we are not sure if we should have a child now. Would this increase our chances of getting her to the US sooner even with her current record, or is this not a good idea?

We do not want to do anything that will jeopardize our chances of eventually being together in the US and can wait over one year to file, which will of course take even more time. At this point, we will try just about anything to expodite the process, so any info or tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X