Consulate selection in DS160 and on ustraveldocs.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consulate selection in DS160 and on ustraveldocs.com

As far as I understand, for scheduling an appointment for visa stamping (H1-B), we have to now go to ustraveldocs.com
    Before I do this, I need to file DS 160. Here on DS 160, I need to select consulate.
    What would happen if say I select Mumbai as consulate on DS160 but then I am unable to make an appointment at Mumbai and have to book in Delhi instead?

I remember that last year, Mumbai consulate was not even processing H1-B. How do I know if appointment for H1-B is available at all in Mumbai consulate before filing DS 160?
    All posts/threads by me are my opinions only. I can not be held responsible for any action you take after reading my posts/threads.

That is a catch-22 situation, unfortunately.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Got this from the state.gov website

"The Embassy or Consulate at which you actually apply should be able to access your form using the barcode on your DS-160 confirmation page, which you must bring to the visa interview. For example, a business traveler intends to apply for his visa at the U.S. Embassy in City X, so he selects City X as the location where he will submit his application when he completes his DS-160. He then has an urgent reason to travel to City Y on business. Because there is a U.S. Consulate in City Y, he schedules an appointment for a visa interview there, using the barcode from his completed DS-160 application for appointment scheduling. The U.S. Consulate in City Y is able to accept his DS-160 even though it lists the U.S. Embassy in City X as the location where he originally intended to submit his application."
      All posts/threads by me are my opinions only. I can not be held responsible for any action you take after reading my posts/threads.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X