H1B Visa and bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa and bond

Hi, I have joined a company XYZ on 1st January 2012 and I have signed a bond of 1 year and my offer letter says like this "If within 12 months of your effective date, you voluntarily separate from the XYZ company, you agree to repay this amount (Relocation benefits) in full to the XYZ company." My question is - What if I resign this job by November 19th and give a 3 weeks notice period till 7th December 2012 and tell them that I am using my three weeks vacation here to fulfill complete 12 months (that is till the end of december so that I complete 12months)? I have 3 week vacation and can I use that time after my notice period in this case?

Basically, Can I just leave this company by 7th december by giving three weeks notice period and then use my three weeks vacation to fulfill 12 complete months in this case? so that I dont need to repay my relocation allowance? Please help me.

In general, yes, that can be done. However, it all depends upon the exact language of the entire contract.

In any case, this question is not related to the immigration, but purely a contract question.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X