Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interview date in december 1st week

Hello,

All below is with respect to Mumbai consulate.

+ I was trying to book interview appointment date for sometime in 1st week of December, but I don't see any dates open for that time duration, while 3 dates open in December month (17, 18, 31)
    + Also, no November dates are open. (except 1, 2)
    + Avg. wait time for Mumbai consulate is shown ~ 2 days.
    + Given today is 17th Oct, I see fair enough dates open for next 2 weeks (19, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, 1, 2)

My Question is,
    + Can i just wait for a while for those dates to open up, OR those are full, OR has someone seen them open for 1st week of dec?
    + Why dec dates randomly open?

I am in the same boat, looking for dates in November at Mumbai. I have heard they open dates week by week 2-3 weeks in advance - not sure how true.

Comment

Originally posted by indian_guy0219 View Post
      I am in the same boat, looking for dates in November at Mumbai. I have heard they open dates week by week 2-3 weeks in advance - not sure how true.
      PLEASE HURRY!!

I just booked my appointment for 27th Nov in Mumbai. English was not available so I took Hindi. Anyone know if it is going to be a problem to select a Hindi appointment for H1-B?

Thanks,
      Lakshya

Comment

I am looking for second week or third week in December but nothing seems to be available. The only dates available right now are in the last week of October and the first week of November.

If anyone does find a date in the first, second or third week of December open at the Mumbai consulate, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by try View Post
          I am looking for second week or third week in December but nothing seems to be available. The only dates available right now are in the last week of October and the first week of November.

If anyone does find a date in the first, second or third week of December open at the Mumbai consulate, please let me know.
          Did you see any dates in the 2nd or 3rd week of November @ Mumbai?

Comment

Did you see any dates in the 2nd or 3rd week of November @ Mumbai?
            Nope. The dates currently available are - 22,23,24,29,30 Oct and 1,2 November.

Comment

Originally posted by lakshya View Post
              PLEASE HURRY!!

I just booked my appointment for 27th Nov in Mumbai. English was not available so I took Hindi. Anyone know if it is going to be a problem to select a Hindi appointment for H1-B?

Thanks,
              Lakshya

We did the same!! around the same time at Mumbai in Hindi language.. Hopefully someone will respond with their experience..

Comment

Originally posted by ssd8278 View Post
                We did the same!! around the same time at Mumbai in Hindi language.. Hopefully someone will respond with their experience..
                I just did that too! 29th nov mumbai interview in hindi.

Comment

Originally posted by spreeth84 View Post
                  Originally posted by ssd8278 View Post
                  I just did that too! 29th nov mumbai interview in hindi.
                  Any idea if there is a risk in selecting Hindi for h1b? Is there anyone who has experience?

Comment

Any idea if there is a risk in selecting Hindi for h1b? Is there anyone who has experience?
                    TRY RIGHT NOW. 7th of Dec in Kolkata is available in English.

Comment

Originally posted by abhishek78 View Post
                      I just booked Dec 7 for my interview at Kolkata (in English) and 23rd Nov for OFC also at Kolkata. Thanks Abhishek for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by agnibha_d View Post
                        I just booked Dec 7 for my interview at Kolkata (in English) and 23rd Nov for OFC also at Kolkata. Thanks Abhishek for the tip.
                        Agnibha, is it possible to know if a OFC slot is available before taking the interview date? I am asking because for those who are in the US, if we take an appointment close to our arrival date in India we may not get a OFC date during the gap between our arrival and visa appointment. Is there a way to manage this other than scheduling the interview farther away from the arrival date?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Abhishek but I am looking for an appointment in the Mumbai consulate.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but we can only book the consulate mentioned in our DS160. Right?
                          I had found the perfect date in Hyderabad, but had to let it go due to this. I have put in Mumbai in my DS160.

Source: https://www.immihelp.com/us-embassy-...ates-in-india/

Comment

Originally posted by try View Post
                            Correct me if I am wrong, but we can only book the consulate mentioned in our DS160. Right?
                            I had found the perfect date in Hyderabad, but had to let it go due to this. I have put in Mumbai in my DS160.

Source: https://www.immihelp.com/us-embassy-...ates-in-india/
                            As far as I know, irrespective of what you put in DS-160, you can select any US consulate in India. That's the new process. Before it had to be the one which takes care of your permanent resident state.

Comment

As far as I know, irrespective of what you put in DS-160, you can select any US consulate in India. That's the new process. Before it had to be the one which takes care of your permanent resident state.
                              You are right. I verified with the customer service representative. Looks like I lost a golden opportunity!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X