Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help on empolyer change during new H1B application pending

Hi, all,

I worked in company B as a consultant from company A, and formally transferred to company B as its formal empolyee since 06/12. Before my transfer, company A helped me file new H1B application (not premium process). After my transfer, company B was unable to file a new H1B application because cap is full.

The company A didn't withdraw my application after my leave. Now a RFE was issued for this application. The RFE is asking the company A to prove this position still exists, probably due to USCIS finds my transfer from company A to B. I requested company A to keep my application because my current visa (OPT STEM) cannot last until next year's H1B application. But company A said the only way they can continue to support me is to transfer me back to their company. Only in this way they can respond RFE and possible (no promise) the application can get approved.

Now company B's HR person seemed having no ways to help me get H1B visa, and suggested there is nothing they can do.

I just wanted to ask what the options I have in this case? Can I transfer company A's H1B application to under the name of company B so that this company can support my case (probably by hiring a lawyer for doing so)? or if I have to transfer back to company A in order to get H1B approved, what's the probability of approval? Will the USCIS reject this case because of my frequent transfer back and forth?

This is a urgent issue and Thank you very much for your help!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by hsj919; 10-20-2012, 12:25 PM. Reason: more information

Two options.
    1. Change back to A and hope that their petition gets approved
    2. Stay with B and leave the US after OPT ends
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thank ou

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Two options.
      1. Change back to A and hope that their petition gets approved
      2. Stay with B and leave the US after OPT ends
      Thank you for the reply. Do you think it's feasible to apply green card directly from OPT STEM status, if my company B agrees to do this for me? I can choose not to leave US because EAD is approved. Is it possible to get EAD before my STEM expires (02/2013) if we file the application now? Thank you very much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X