Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Help Urgent

Hi All,

I am working for a software company based at Bangalore India... I got information from my employer that my H1B Visa petition approved on Sept 12 . Now Problem is I don't have any US project to travel to US as of now. When I will get project I am not very sure.......So my questions is...

Till which time H1B petition valid to travel on H1B. If I will get project after 1 year Sept 13 do still I can use the same petition to travel to US.

Please respond. Thanks...

Regards.
    Atul Joshi
    Last edited by atul22joshi; 10-29-2012, 03:48 AM.

Yes, it will be valid until it expires.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1B Visa Help urgent...

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Yes, it will be valid until it expires.

I think H1B valid for 3 year..So my H1B petition approved on Sept 12 So does it mean I can travel any time between Sept 12 to Sept 15 ?

And H1B can be extended up to 1.5 year as well twice, does it mean I can travel any time between Sept 12 to Sept 18.

Please confirm.

Atul Joshi

Comment

Petition is expiry date will be written on the approval notice. If your employer has shared that with you, you can see it there or you can ask them.

You are allowed a total of 6 years of stay in the US in H1 status (L1 also counts towards this limit). You can have an employer file petitions (extensions) for you until this limit is reached.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X