Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: RFE for H1 extension beyond 6 years: Travel to India

Hi,
    My I -140 is approved and current H1 expires on Dec 5th (6yrs including out of country recapture). My company has applied for H1 extension under premium processing on Oct 17. On Oct 27th , got RFE requesting more documents. I already made travel plans to India starting Nov 28th (I just understood from other posts that its not advisable but, my attorney mentioned that it won’t be a problem since we should be able to get approval notice before that date!! I think the attorney was confident because of stable company profile).

Assuming I will get the approval notice few days or (weeks) after my travel date, is it ok if I proceed with my travel plans? I will have to book appointments for visa stamping, after I get my approval. I have made arrangements to send the original approval notice to my address in India.
    Also, can you tell me if there is a chance that my H1 extension will get rejected though my I-140 is approved already.

-Ram

Experts, Can you please answer. This would give me an idea and prepare accordingly.

-Ram

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X