Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B expiring soon, H4 validity

Hi,

My H1B is expiring on May 20th. My I485 has been filed and is pending approval.

I'm planning to do a court marriage on Feb 15th in India and then start the visa process for my wife. I will come back to US without her. I plan to go to India again, get married according to Indian customs on May 1 and bring her in by May 10th.

Question: When she gets her H4 stamped, will it be only until May 20th? Will she have issues entering the country? I will file for an H1B extension when I come back in Feb but it will not come in soon. Will it cause issues?

-thanks

Originally posted by makmumbai View Post
    Hi,

My H1B is expiring on May 20th. My I485 has been filed and is pending approval.

I'm planning to do a court marriage on Feb 15th in India and then start the visa process for my wife. I will come back to US without her. I plan to go to India again, get married according to Indian customs on May 1 and bring her in by May 10th.

Question: When she gets her H4 stamped, will it be only until May 20th? -- Yes

Will she have issues entering the country? -- No problem

I will file for an H1B extension when I come back in Feb but it will not come in soon. Will it cause issues? -- No problem

-thanks
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X