Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue slip for H1B new - Chennai consulate

Hi guys,
    I attended PI in Chennai consulate on 15th Feb 2013.
    Interviewer asked me general questions:
    -which organization are you working for?
    -where will you be working in US?
    -who is your client?
    -what will be your salary?

After this she informed me that your case require further verification and is being sent for Administrative Processing. I asked for the reason, she said you case is all fine and I'm satisfied with your responses but we need to do some more processing on your case. she handed me a blue slip with 'other' option ticked and wrote 'Administrative Processing' on it along with my case number.
    I asked her may I know how much time it'll take for this, she said we can't be sure about that but it may take a week.
    Most importantly she did not ask me to submit any documents as well.

I have no idea what so ever what went wrong there. I have an urgent travel plan and it can get screwed if there is delay. I read through various comments in the forum but getting more disappointed with the comments.
    if any one of you have experience of getting blue slip, please let me know the possible time for processing.

sorry, no one can answer this question.
    USCIS takes their own time.
    We can do Nothing. But simply wait for their response.

Comment

Originally posted by meeunda View Post
      sorry, no one can answer this question.
      USCIS takes their own time.
      We can do Nothing. But simply wait for their response.
      Since I was not asked to submit any docs, what am I supposed to do ? How do I know the progress on my case ?

Comment

Hi

Hi Vikas,

Even i got the blue slip in mumbai consulate on 5-Feb 2013.

I was asked to submit two documents which i already did...i am also waiting to here from them.

If i get any info..will let u know...

as of now you can only wait, also if you want, you can mail to below id's to get the update on your CEAC.
        [email protected]

Regards,
        Supragya

Comment

Originally posted by supragya_s View Post
          Hi Vikas,

Even i got the blue slip in mumbai consulate on 5-Feb 2013.

I was asked to submit two documents which i already did...i am also waiting to here from them.

If i get any info..will let u know...

as of now you can only wait, also if you want, you can mail to below id's to get the update on your CEAC.
          [email protected]

Regards,
          Supragya
          Thnx Supragya.. I guess blue slips are lil rare.. btw wt docs are you asked for ?
          and ya u can check ur case through below links:

Please let me know if you happen to get any more info..

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by vikasgabby View Post
            Thnx Supragya.. I guess blue slips are lil rare.. btw wt docs are you asked for ?
            and ya u can check ur case through below links:

Please let me know if you happen to get any more info..
            I was asked to submit my educational qualification documents although i was carrying all of them but VO didn't ask me to show and my past work experience which i don't have since my employer is same. i have submitted both these docs.

let's see when they are going to make the decision, if you have any please write here.

Comment

how to track

I was asked to submit my educational qualification documents although i was carrying all of them but VO didn't ask me to show and my past work experience which i don't have since my employer is same. i have submitted both these docs.

let's see when they are going to make the decision, if you have any please write here.
              Hey Vikas,
              how to identify my case status from the below link ??

there are many random numbers.

Comment

Hey Vikas,
                how to identify my case status from the below link ??

there are many random numbers.
                You can check with your case number (given in slip) in the given format:
                2013xxx xxx xxxx

say your last digit in case # is -1, it shud be :
                2013xxx xxx 0001

But this wont be helpful for blue slips since consulate doesn't update blue slip cases in this list. Thats what I've known, not sure though. I checked mine, its not there

Sorry the above was for the first link. For pdf u can just search ur case number directly.
                Last edited by vikasgabby; 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vikasgabby View Post
                  You can check with your case number (given in slip) in the given format:
                  2013xxx xxx xxxx

say your last digit in case # is -1, it shud be :
                  2013xxx xxx 0001

But this wont be helpful for blue slips since consulate doesn't update blue slip cases in this list. Thats what I've known, not sure though. I checked mine, its not there

Sorry the above was for the first link. For pdf u can just search ur case number directly.
                  check your case on CEAC website with your DS 160 number.

Ceac.state.gov
                  Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

My visa got approved !!!! Checked the ceac site yesterday it showed ISSUED..
                    Collected my stamped passport today ))))

6 days of waiting.. Lucky me !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X