H4 employed in India on leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 employed in India on leave

My cousin is employed in India in an Indian MNC and will be travelling to US on H4 next week. (Im writing on her behalf as she's travelling at the moment.) She plans to take leave here and stay in US for some time. If she likes it over there, she will come back to India and resign; else she plans to continue working in India.

1. Is this illegal in any way?

2. Once in a while there is a probability that she might have to attend some tele-call meetings(? or i think some work related issues for which she might be consulted on call, im really not sure). Should that be a problem?

I think as long as she is not generating revenue is US, it should be fine right(?) even if she retains her employment with the Indian company?

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by aditiag View Post
    My cousin is employed in India in an Indian MNC and will be travelling to US on H4 next week. (Im writing on her behalf as she's travelling at the moment.) She plans to take leave here and stay in US for some time. If she likes it over there, she will come back to India and resign; else she plans to continue working in India.

1. Is this illegal in any way?

2. Once in a while there is a probability that she might have to attend some tele-call meetings(? or i think some work related issues for which she might be consulted on call, im really not sure). Should that be a problem?

I think as long as she is not generating revenue is US, it should be fine right(?) even if she retains her employment with the Indian company?

Thanks for the help.
    Can anyone please help? She will be travelling this weekend...Please, your help would be very helpful..

Comment

Originally posted by aditiag View Post
      Can anyone please help? She will be travelling this weekend...Please, your help would be very helpful..
      AFAIK, with the current laws, if you are on H4 you cannot work while on US soil. Period.
      Doesn't matter if she is remotely working for Indian firm from US. However, consulting an immigration attorney would be the best bet as I remember reading somewhere that in a few cases (was it EAD/L2 ?) this is allowed.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X