Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - Simple Questions

Hello,

I have few basic questions refarding H4 visa.

1. My passport is from Hyd and my wife's passport is from Delhi. In which embassy i should book an appointment to minimize rejection?

2. I will be travelling to US in jan-feb 2006. Can my wife go along with me or I need SSN and Payslips from US?

3. Do i need to include spouse name in either passport or just marraige cerificate is sufficient?

Thanks in advance!!

Sheru

1. My passport is from Hyd and my wife's passport is from Delhi. In which embassy i should book an appointment to minimize rejection?

WHERE YOU/YOUR WIFE CURRENTLY RESIDE AND HAVE A PERMANENT ADDRESS IS THE BASIS FOR MAKING AN APPOINTMENT. ALL CONSULAR OFFICERS PERFORM SAME DUTIES. EACH APPLICATION IS VIEWED ON ITS OWN MERITS. CHOOSING A CONSULATE WILL NOT HELP. YOU SHOULD RATHER WORK TO MAKE YOUR CASE CONVINCINGLY STRONG WITH DOCUMENTS.

2. I will be travelling to US in jan-feb 2006. Can my wife go along with me or I need SSN and Payslips from US?

YOUR WIFE & U SHOULD ATTEND THE SAME INTERVIEW. IT WILL MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR HER, EVEN IF ITS A FRESH H1B & H4. SHE MAY EVEN TRAVEL AT A LATER DATE.

3. Do i need to include spouse name in either passport or just marraige cerificate is sufficient?

BETTER TO INCLUDE. YOU WILL ANYWAY HAVE TO TAKE PROOFS FOR YOUR MARRIAGE.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

h4 visa

i have a similar question.
      i got my h1b in june and i need to apply for h4 to my wife what all the documents do i need really if h4 is applied in nov and i am planning to leave US in jan 2006? can any body help me in this? presently i am in canada and comin to india on sep 26 regarding h4.

Comment

Hi,
        You will need proofs of marriage and all the details of employment/timeline in the US.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena,

Thanks for your valuable advice.

At present I can not go along with my wife for an interview as her passport is under process. She is likely to get dates in feb-mar.

Will it be better if I delay my visit for a month or two for her visa or go to US and let her attend the interview alone with relevent documents from US?

Sheru

Comment

Hi,
            It's really good if both H1 and H4 attend the same interview for stamping, if that's what your are trying to ask! But if you are planning to send your wife alone, then be sure that you acquaint her with alll the relevant answers to all the questions that she may expect at the interview.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X