My 221g Toronto H1B Stamping Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H1btdot View Post
    Nope.. No updates as of now. Its just over a month for me now..ill make sure to inform you guys as soon as i get any updates
    I got the clearance email today from the embassy..Here is my timeline

Interview Date: April8th
    Docs Kept: Resume, I797
    Clearance Email: May 3rd
    Going to drop passport on Tuesday. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

Keep waiting it will come. I know its painful. I really do.. I hope you all get it soon..
    Last edited by josephsn; 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by josephsn View Post
      I got the clearance email today from the embassy..Here is my timeline

Interview Date: April8th
      Docs Kept: Resume, I797
      Clearance Email: May 3rd
      Going to drop passport on Tuesday. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

Keep waiting it will come. I know its painful. I really do.. I hope you all get it soon..
      Congrats..hope we all get it soon..

Comment

221g for H1B renewal on June 17, 2013.

I recieved my 221g yellow with "Admin. Processing" on June 17, 2013. VO took my original I797 and resume. Asked me how to pronounce my name and what I did. I design medical healthcare furniture. Most non-aggressive and non-TAL profession ever. I basically design recliners for use in hospitals and clinics.
        It has been 43 days (today July 29, 2013) and I'm still waiting. My employers have contacted the Senator of Indiana for help. I hope to get my visa soon before the clock hits 60 days. I do not know how patient my employer will be. I am the first and now only H1B employee they will ever hire.

Comment

Originally posted by prithvik View Post
          I recieved my 221g yellow with "Admin. Processing" on June 17, 2013. VO took my original I797 and resume. Asked me how to pronounce my name and what I did. I design medical healthcare furniture. Most non-aggressive and non-TAL profession ever. I basically design recliners for use in hospitals and clinics.
          It has been 43 days (today July 29, 2013) and I'm still waiting. My employers have contacted the Senator of Indiana for help. I hope to get my visa soon before the clock hits 60 days. I do not know how patient my employer will be. I am the first and now only H1B employee they will ever hire.
          hi Prithvi - did you get any response yet? can you please provide an update of your case - was your interview in Toronto?
          i got 221g yellow @ Toronto on Sept 11

Comment

Nov-6 H1B stamping 221G yellow form received

Hello Everyone,

I had a recent H1B interview on Nov-6th @ Toronto and was handed 221G yellow form. The officer didn't take any documents and said i will be contacted by the embassy. Recently the process was smooth for my other friends for H1 stamping but for me it took an ugly turn.
            I know the process is long and wait is terrible. If you guys can help on any regards, it will be helpful. I cannot go back to US since my F1 visa has expired and now i am stuck at Toronto. All my documents are intact with no frauds and i contract at a big Telecom company with all the client letters and necessary documents were available to present but Visa officer didn't care to look.

Please advice.

Regards,

YYYY

Comment

H1b approved by VO but online status shows refusal

I am also in the same boat. I got interviewed on November 4th, 2013 in toronto. VO approved my visa. Then I checked the online status on friday i.e. 11/8/13, it states refused. No 221g or anything straightway refused. They haven't sent me back my passport and h1b. I cannot even go back to India without my passport. I emailed them at [email protected] but no response. I do not even know any other way to contact the toronto consulate other than email.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also in the same boat. I got interviewed on November 4th, 2013 in toronto. VO approved my visa. Then I checked the online status on friday i.e. 11/8/13, it states refused. No 221g or anything straightway refused. They haven't sent me back my passport and h1b. I cannot even go back to India without my passport. I emailed them at [email protected] but no response. I do not even know any other way to contact the toronto consulate other than email.

Comment

Hii,

Did you hear back anything from them.

Originally posted by H1pain View Post
                Hello Everyone,

I had a recent H1B interview on Nov-6th @ Toronto and was handed 221G yellow form. The officer didn't take any documents and said i will be contacted by the embassy. Recently the process was smooth for my other friends for H1 stamping but for me it took an ugly turn.
                I know the process is long and wait is terrible. If you guys can help on any regards, it will be helpful. I cannot go back to US since my F1 visa has expired and now i am stuck at Toronto. All my documents are intact with no frauds and i contract at a big Telecom company with all the client letters and necessary documents were available to present but Visa officer didn't care to look.

Please advice.

Regards,

YYYY

Comment

Hello guys,
                  I have a friend that is also stuck in Toronto on his 3rd time renewal of H1B due to a 221g that asked for his resume, they didnt want any other documents. Do you guys that have any updates to share?

Comment

Any updates on the below cases?

Comment

Originally posted by sanjay2013 View Post
                      Any updates on the below cases?
                      No updates from my end.

Comment

221G-Nov6th-Troronto-no documents kept

###########EARLIER POST############

"Hello Everyone,
                        Please advice.
                        Regards,
                        YYYY "

##################---------------############

I had an update on 4th of december, just the date on the website was updated. The description was the same and no change. It has been 1 month and 20 odd days, plus this is the holiday season so i am guessing everyones having a gala time at the consulate and i am stuck here in Canada.

I had emailed the consulate and called but their responses are standard. So there is no point in emailing or trying to talk to them over the phone.

@amrinder86- I am not sure how your h1b was rejected, this is very unfortunate. Generally it doesn't happen like this. Please email me here if you have Qs [email protected] replace 2 with i. I have done a lot of research during my free time on 221G and taking all options into consideration on what to do next.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X