Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel to US 2nd time with H1 transfer receipt (new I-797 approval) and old visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to US 2nd time with H1 transfer receipt (new I-797 approval) and old visa

Hi all,

I have employed with company 1 earlier and I have transferred H1B to company 2 in Aug 2012. I got the approval till July 2014.

I have a valid visa stamp on my passport with company 1 name on it valid until Aug 2013.

I have traveled to India and I came back to US in Nov 2012. I have showed new approval notice with company 2 and visa stamp with company 1 in port of entry. I was able enter here without any issues and they give I-94 till my new approval date (July 2014).

1. Now I am planning to travel to India on next Month (May). I have a valid visa stamp with employer 1 till August 2013. Is it allowed only once to enter US with new visa approval and company 1 Visa?

2. Is it mandatory to get visa stamping in India or can I enter without stamping?

3. If NO, will I have any issues at the port of entry if enter just one week before my visa expiry?

4. I will be showing again (2nd time) the new I-797 from company 2 and Visa stamp on passport with company 1. Is it ok?

Thanks in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X