Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Passport

Hi,
    This is regarding the loss of Passport of one of my cousin who stays in USA.
    She lost her Passport, I guess, while shifting from one location to another.
    Could you please mail me the details of procedure that she needs to follow now.
    Her visa details are as such:
    Visa: H4 (Dependent)
    She travelled less than one month back for the first time after getting married.
    It would be of great help if you could help us come out of this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Praveen

Your cousin needs to apply for a duplicate passport at the Indian consulate/
    embassy in the US. She can go to the website of the consulate that serves her area of residence in the US and follow the instructions on the site.
    Here is a link to different consulates and the areas they serve;
    https://www.immihelp.com/indian-emba...ulates-in-usa/

Comment

Loss Of Passport

Hi,
      Thanks for your response.
      I have one more doubt.
      Can she stay back in USA for these 6 months till she gets a new duplicate Passport?
      It's mentioned in that link that it would take 3 to 6 months times to get a duplicate passport.

Does they give any alternate papers that shows the validity that she can stay back in USA for these 6 months time.

Thanks in advance

Regards
      Praveen

Comment

Lost passort

Hello Praveen,

Even I have lost my passport in Lexington, NY close to Indian consulate while I was there to renew my passport. Now I am in the process of applying for lost passport. You can stay in US as long as you have the valid H4 papers. As far as the visa goes Lost/stolen U.S. visas cannot be replaced in the United States. For replacement of a visa, you must apply in person at an Embassy or Consulate abroad. When applying for the replacement of a visa, you will need to provide a written account documenting the loss of your passport and visa. Include a copy of the police report.

for more details check http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/in...ml#Replacement

Now my question is can I apply for visa in Cananda/Mexico or it has to be in INdia??

Thanks for any replys
        *V*
        Last edited by venkiler; 09-29-2005, 03:39 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X