H1B Approved but under Administrative processing_Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Approved but under Administrative processing_Mumbai

Hi I went for OFC appointment on April 17th visa interview on 18th April 2013 and my H1B visa was approved and the VO said you should received it in 5-7 days. I wasnt asked for any type of documentation or given any type of slip.

After a week and various followups as to where is my passport, I came to know and checked my status and it says

"Application ID or Case Number: AA YYYY X
    Case Creation Date: 17-Apr-2013
    Status Updated Date: 24-Apr-2013
    Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days."

I had immediately spoken to my US lawyer and they sent a followup request to the consulate but he said it could take upto 60 days.

Some background on my case -
    1) I was transfer from L1-B to H1B category
    2) I work in Boston
    3) I dont work in IT sector.
    4) I am married and my Husband is on H1-B.

Does anyone have a similar situation. I have my return flight on May 7th and dont know what to do. Its really frustrating.

Also can you post your experience as how many days will it take or Raghavi can you suggest what will happen further.

Just wanted to post an update I had receved my passport on May 3rd after lot of tracking. I just had to be patient.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X