Administrative processing - Hyderabad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative processing - Hyderabad

I have visited the hyderabad consulate for my H1-B extension stamping along with my wife. The interview went well and I was told I will get my passport in a week.

I have checked the status of the VISA. It shows issued for my wife (H4) but "Administrative processing" for me. I was not given any pink/white slip or anything like that. The consulate officer said I will get it in a week.
    The current status shows as below. Did anyone face similar issue before. Do you think I will get my visa in a week or will the consulate ask me for more details and go though the processing that takes weeks?

Appreciate any help in this regard.

U.S. Department of State
    NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
    Administrative Processing
    Application ID or Case Number: YYYY YYYY X (Hidden for security)
    Case Creation Date: 05-Jun-2013
    Status Updated Date: 07-Jun-2013

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad.

My Interview date was march 17 2013....... When I enter my case number it show the same status.... Its almost 3 months don't know how long we have to wait , how long this AP process take no idea:s

Comment

have u applied B1/B2 visa ?

have u applied B1/B2 visa ?

Comment

Yup

Comment

H1

I have applied for H1.

Did you get any slip back from them Fareeha?

Comment

Did you receive your passport

Originally posted by h.fareeha View Post
            Yup
            Fareeha,
            1) Did you get your passport back or is it with the consulate.
            2) When returning from the counter did they give any slip
            3) What did the visa officer say at the counter. How many days did they say would be taken before you would get your visa?

-scid

Comment

Well after all the questions he said ure visa is approved he took the passport n he said I will get my PP through empost in 5 business days after 5 days when I got my passport there was no visa only yellow slip they said my case send to administrative processing it will take 2- 10 weeks .... So my interview date was march 17 and today it's June 10th :s it's already 10 working weeks ...

Comment

Hi SCID, did you get your passpart with VISA stamped?

Originally posted by scid View Post
                I have visited the hyderabad consulate for my H1-B extension stamping along with my wife. The interview went well and I was told I will get my passport in a week.

I have checked the status of the VISA. It shows issued for my wife (H4) but "Administrative processing" for me. I was not given any pink/white slip or anything like that. The consulate officer said I will get it in a week.
                The current status shows as below. Did anyone face similar issue before. Do you think I will get my visa in a week or will the consulate ask me for more details and go though the processing that takes weeks?

Appreciate any help in this regard.

U.S. Department of State
                NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
                Administrative Processing
                Application ID or Case Number: YYYY YYYY X (Hidden for security)
                Case Creation Date: 05-Jun-2013
                Status Updated Date: 07-Jun-2013

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad.

Comment

Have u applied from Abu Dhabi ?

Comment

H1B Waiting from more than 3 months

Hi h.fareeha

I am also on the same boat attended interview on march 21st in hyderabad consulate.Passport is along with Consulate.Status not updated from March 21st.

Did u received any updates.

Comment

Interview was on march 17 but then status update was change to may 14 but still under processing

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X