Revalidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revalidation

My L1-B visa will expire in Feb 2006 and I-94 is valid till March 2008. If I do not get my visa revalidated before expiry date, is there any difference in procedure or any potintial problem, when applying for revalidation?

In other words, is revalidation different if it is done for already expired visa vs a visa which is yet to be expired.
    Let's say I go for revalidation in July 2006. Would that make any difference if I had gone in say Jan 2006.

Thanks in advance...

Kindly RESPOND to revalidation query

Kindly RESPOND to revalidation query

Comment

Hi,
      You will be in status till the period mentioned on your I94, it does not matter when your visa expires. I am unable to understand your query on revalidation. Are you planning to travel out of US and You do not have an L1 stamping on your Passport?
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

My Visa expires in Feb 2006
        (A) I go to India for revalidation in Jan 2006(means before expiry)
        (B) I go to India for revalidation in Jul 2006(means after expiry)
        My question is that Is there any difference in situations A and B in terms of any issues or concerns in revalidation.
        Thanks
        Abhi

Comment

I am in the similar situation. I would like to get sugestion from Veena.

I got my first H1 on March 1999. Changed jobs and transferred H1. Applied for Green Card (RIR-EB3) with previous employer. The case is still pending in labor dept.

I got my last h1 valid date and I-94 stamped till June 06. I didn't apply for extension in March 05.

Am I out of status or not?

and should I apply for H1 (amend) with 7th year extension now or wait till June 06?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by someguy
            My Visa expires in Feb 2006
            (A) I go to India for revalidation in Jan 2006(means before expiry)
            (B) I go to India for revalidation in Jul 2006(means after expiry)
            My question is that Is there any difference in situations A and B in terms of any issues or concerns in revalidation.
            Thanks
            Abhi
            Hi,
            You will be in status as long as the date mentioned on I 94 and can do the revalidation within that period. It does not matter if your visa has expired. There is no difference/preferance between the two.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by yogkc
              I am in the similar situation. I would like to get sugestion from Veena.

I got my first H1 on March 1999. Changed jobs and transferred H1. Applied for Green Card (RIR-EB3) with previous employer. The case is still pending in labor dept.

I got my last h1 valid date and I-94 stamped till June 06. I didn't apply for extension in March 05.

Am I out of status or not?

and should I apply for H1 (amend) with 7th year extension now or wait till June 06?

Thanks in advance
              What happened to your Green Card? I guess you will be in status as long as that processing time. I think you should contact an Immigration Attorney.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks for your response.

LC (RIR-EB3) processing is still going on.... My previous employer is willing to help me.

I have contacted 4 attorneys so far and getting different suggestions so I wanted to get your opinion regarding my situation. I will share my experience so it will be help for other in future.

Thanks again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X