H1B transfer query - urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer query - urgent

I am working in a big IT company in india and never traveled to USA, I have filled my H1B this year from a US based consulting company and the petition number is showing “post decision activity” in USCIS.gov website, will go for stamping in august 2013.
    now my current indian company is willing to transfer my h1b (not sure about normal/premium processing, I will insist for premium processing) , my question is
    if my current company file for transfer and the US consulting company come to know that transfer process has initiated then can they cancel my H1B before it’s transferred ?
    how much time the transfer process takes for normal and premium ?

I just have the EAC number from them and no documents.

Many thanks, please reply.

You are eligible for a cap-exempt petition and the US consulting company cannot do anything about it. However, it is not very ethical on your part to use them like that. It must have cost them a lot to file the petition.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply and I truly agree with you, so if my current company successfully transfer my H1B then I will pay the consulting company whatever they have spent for me, not an issue.

can you please tell me is there any way to know if the given petition number belong to me as the consulting company is not willing to share any documents with me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X