Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stamped h1b visa and h1b visa transfer ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stamped h1b visa and h1b visa transfer ...

hi
    i was working for company A in USA and I have a stamped H1B visa on my passport for this company which is valid till end of 2014. i changed jobs and now am working for company B and i have an H1B approval notice for the new company. i wanted to know/confirm the following -

1) i understand company A can cancel my H1B petition but can they, in any way, cancel my stamped H1B visa?

2) i plan to travel to india so will a valid, stamped H1B visa from company A and H1B approval notice from company B be enough for me to enter back into US? will there be any issues at the port of entry? will i need to get a new H1B visa stamp for company B?

3) if company A does cancel my H1B petition, can i still use the stamped H1B visa and new H1B visa approval notice to travel back to US? Does the cancellation of the H1B visa petition by company A effect my stamped visa in any way or will it still be valid for travel?

please do let me know ...
    thanks!

Originally posted by zubinkumar View Post
    hi
    i was working for company A in USA and I have a stamped H1B visa on my passport for this company which is valid till end of 2014. i changed jobs and now am working for company B and i have an H1B approval notice for the new company. i wanted to know/confirm the following -

1) i understand company A can cancel my H1B petition but can they, in any way, cancel my stamped H1B visa?

2) i plan to travel to india so will a valid, stamped H1B visa from company A and H1B approval notice from company B be enough for me to enter back into US? will there be any issues at the port of entry? will i need to get a new H1B visa stamp for company B?

3) if company A does cancel my H1B petition, can i still use the stamped H1B visa and new H1B visa approval notice to travel back to US? Does the cancellation of the H1B visa petition by company A effect my stamped visa in any way or will it still be valid for travel?

please do let me know ...
    thanks!
    1. No
    2. Yes. Not because of this. No.
    3. Yes. No , ones visa is valid in passport unless cancelled by the suitable authority.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. No
      2. Yes. Not because of this. No.
      3. Yes. No , ones visa is valid in passport unless cancelled by the suitable authority.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      hi, thanks for your reply ...
      as you say - a stamped visa is only cancelled by a suitable authority ...
      so if my previous employer cancels my H1B petition, then can the suitable authority cancel my stamped H1B visa? Or such stamped visa cancellations only happen in case of fraud or if the visa is expired?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X