Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 for US Graduates

Hi,

I am Indian passport holder, graduated with Master's in 2006 from US. I worked there for biotech company for one year in my OPT period. Then I have to relocate for job purpose to Singapore where I have been since then. In between, I have moved to other company in Singapore. I am currently applying to positions in States. Last week, company in CA was interested in my profile and showed interest in hiring me. But the problem is my start date. I understand that 2013 H1B cap is finished and therefore I have to wait till April 2014. Right?
    Also, Is there any other visa category that I can apply to based on my education and work experience in US to start work there soon?

Thanks very much.

Originally posted by anup View Post
    Hi,

I am Indian passport holder, graduated with Master's in 2006 from US. I worked there for biotech company for one year in my OPT period. Then I have to relocate for job purpose to Singapore where I have been since then. In between, I have moved to other company in Singapore. I am currently applying to positions in States. Last week, company in CA was interested in my profile and showed interest in hiring me. But the problem is my start date. I understand that 2013 H1B cap is finished and therefore I have to wait till April 2014. Right?
    Also, Is there any other visa category that I can apply to based on my education and work experience in US to start work there soon?

Thanks very much.
    You will have to wait until April 2014 to apply for the h-1B with an October 1 2014 start date. There are limited options to come to the U.S. to work in your position unless you try to come as a trainee but that will only be a short-term option.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X