X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help....

Hello all,

I have a problem here.

I graduated in August 2002 from University A. However, during the first visa interview for H1B I verbally mentioned that I graduated in May 2002. This is due to the fact that my classes got over in May and I was working towards my Masters project during summer 2002. After applying for graduation for Univ A, subsequently during August 2002, my transfer was completed at University B.

I will be going for the visa interview again sometime next week. Would it be ok to say that I graduated in August 2002 and my classes got over in May 2002? Since I mentioned last time that I graduated in May 2002, would I sound misleading if I say Aug 2002 as my graduation date this time? My degree certificate issued by Univ A has Aug 2002 on it and all other documents (I-129 for H1B) carry May 2002 as the date. Even DS157 has dates of attendance from Aug 2000 - May 2002

As you all might be aware, the way it works in India is that classes get over in May and the degree is awarded in December. Having the same mindset, I mentioned May 2002 as the final date of attendance.

I dont want to sound misleading to the consulate. Thats why I ask. :-)

Please do let me know if you would have some suggestions. What could I do to avoid any problems..

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X