Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Approved - dint travel - is the visa still valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Approved - dint travel - is the visa still valid?

Hello,

I have very faint knowledge about H1B visa. I have some queries; I really appreciate if somebody clarifies them for me.

I was working in XYZ company before where my H1B visa petition was filed, my visa was approved and stamped. The visa states it is valid till Oct-2014.
    I dint travel to US, resigned from XYZ company and joined another organization in May-2013.

My queries are -
    1. Is the visa still valid? Or is it cancelled implicitly when I left XYZ?
    2. If it is valid, can I get it transferred to any other company in India or in US and travel?

Thanks
    Harsha

Hello, Harsha.

Yes. Your visa is still valid. You will need a fresh petition with a new employer, though.

Cheers,

Personal Opinion - I am not an Immigration expert

Originally posted by harshanadiger View Post
    Hello,

I have very faint knowledge about H1B visa. I have some queries; I really appreciate if somebody clarifies them for me.

I was working in XYZ company before where my H1B visa petition was filed, my visa was approved and stamped. The visa states it is valid till Oct-2014.
    I dint travel to US, resigned from XYZ company and joined another organization in May-2013.

My queries are -
    1. Is the visa still valid? Or is it cancelled implicitly when I left XYZ?
    2. If it is valid, can I get it transferred to any other company in India or in US and travel?

Thanks
    Harsha
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X