X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simultaneous L1 & H1 from different employers

Hi,

Request urgent help with this.

I have a valid L1 from my current employer (employer X). I travelled on that L1 (along with my family on L2) to US last year in 2012 & stayed in US for 4 months. Then I returned to India. Another employer Y then initiated my H1b processing - for a position in their US office (the offer letter is directly from Y's US office). I went for stamping in India last week & was told by visa officer that my H1b visa has been approved & our passports will be delivered in 4-5 days. I still work with employer X & have not resigned yet.

My dependants' visa status on visa tracker website shows "Issued", while my visa status still shows "In administrative processing". None of us have received our passports yet. My passport status says "with the post" & my dependants passport status shows " Passport received from the consular section. Being processed for delivery." So seems my dependants' visa has been stamped already while mine has not been stamped yet.

1. Will USCIS notify my current employer X that I have applied for H1 from another company before stamping my H1 ?
    2. Will USCIS cancel (or would they have already cancelled) my L1, before stamping my H1?

Thanks
    Som

Just for the record, USCIS stamped my H1 but they cancelled my L1. As of now I don't know if my current employers (the one's I had the L1 with) were notified or not. I suspect they would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by somdutt View Post
      Just for the record, USCIS stamped my H1 but they cancelled my L1. As of now I don't know if my current employers (the one's I had the L1 with) were notified or not. I suspect they would have been.
      1. No.
      2. Most probably yes.

USCIS or the Consulate wouldnt inform the L1 employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X