Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Petetion Revoke

Hi All,

I currently hold a valid h1 stamped visa, valid until 2015, and currently in India.
    Because of some personal reasons i am not able to travel to USA and want couple of more days.
    Now the employer is saying that they will revoke my visa.

What options do i have now if they revoke the Petition?
    What if they will revoke my Petition? will i be able to get my Petition transferred to a different Employer and this visa will still be valid?
    Even if the current employer revoke my petition will i be able to travel on this stamped visa and a new petition with new employer or i need to get the visa re-stamped?

Originally posted by h1visaquestions View Post
    Hi All,

I currently hold a valid h1 stamped visa, valid until 2015, and currently in India.
    Because of some personal reasons i am not able to travel to USA and want couple of more days.
    Now the employer is saying that they will revoke my visa.

What options do i have now if they revoke the Petition?
    What if they will revoke my Petition? will i be able to get my Petition transferred to a different Employer and this visa will still be valid?
    Even if the current employer revoke my petition will i be able to travel on this stamped visa and a new petition with new employer or i need to get the visa re-stamped?
    Hello,

1) See, the visa remains yours. An employer can revoke his sponsorship, but you find another employer and make him file a petition for you.
    2) Yes. You will be able to find another employer and transfer.
    3) You should be able to travel on this stamp but you will need a new I797 from the new employer. You will have to show that I797 at the Port of Entry.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X