• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B First time Stamping - Please help

Hello There,

Here the timeline of my 6 Years in US

2008 Came to US as F-1 to do my MS.

08/2008 I change my MS to MBA and join other school.

12/2010 I finished my MBA.

02/2011 My OPT Started - Unemployed

May 09/2011 - I told my college that i employed by one of the software consulting firm. - No pay-stub with this firm

June 02, 2011 - I got another job but paid only once for the first month

October 17, 2011 - I got another job and paid till 02/2012 because my OPT expired on Feb 19 2012. My Employer was ready to file my H1B but to make sure there is no status issue i change my status to F1 on March 1st 2012.

April 1st 2012 My H1B applied and approved on April 13 2012. I was still on F1 till October 1 2012.

My H1B started on October 1st 2012 and still continue.

Now I am going to India on December 27 2013 to get my H1B stamping done.

My question or concern is do i will have any issues ?

What type of documents i need to get ready and bring it to the interview ?

What type of question i will be asked by VO?

Should i mention about my first two jobs in DS 160 ? If Yes, Do i need to mention both or just the 2nd one where i got paid?

Will My Opt to F1 and then H1B cause any issues to get my H1B stamping done ?

As i said i didn't paid for the first job and only once for the second job, Do i need to get any documents from these two employer ?

Please provide me as much information as you can because my situation is unique and H1B stamping is getting hard nowadays.

Appreciate any feedback from everyone.

Sincerely
    NP

Originally posted by nashp View Post
    Hello There,

Here the timeline of my 6 Years in US

2008 Came to US as F-1 to do my MS.

08/2008 I change my MS to MBA and join other school.

12/2010 I finished my MBA.

02/2011 My OPT Started - Unemployed

May 09/2011 - I told my college that i employed by one of the software consulting firm. - No pay-stub with this firm

June 02, 2011 - I got another job but paid only once for the first month

October 17, 2011 - I got another job and paid till 02/2012 because my OPT expired on Feb 19 2012. My Employer was ready to file my H1B but to make sure there is no status issue i change my status to F1 on March 1st 2012.

April 1st 2012 My H1B applied and approved on April 13 2012. I was still on F1 till October 1 2012.

My H1B started on October 1st 2012 and still continue.

Now I am going to India on December 27 2013 to get my H1B stamping done.

My question or concern is do i will have any issues ?

What type of documents i need to get ready and bring it to the interview ?

What type of question i will be asked by VO?

Should i mention about my first two jobs in DS 160 ? If Yes, Do i need to mention both or just the 2nd one where i got paid?

Will My Opt to F1 and then H1B cause any issues to get my H1B stamping done ?

As i said i didn't paid for the first job and only once for the second job, Do i need to get any documents from these two employer ?

Please provide me as much information as you can because my situation is unique and H1B stamping is getting hard nowadays.

Appreciate any feedback from everyone.

Sincerely
    NP
    Hello, NP.

I feel the most important thing for you is your current H1B petition documents. The SOW, Work Responsibilities, Letter from Client / Employer etc. are submitted at the time of filing the petition, you could ask for a copy from the employer for the interview.

Take your I797 and any other document mentioned in the visa application form.

I am not sure about your time on F1, but as long as you were In Status all the time, you should not overly worry.

You should have your current petition information in place. The VO will focus on H1B related questions, your job, how long have you been working, what is your salary, what is your project, your qualification etc.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Hello Nattybone

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, NP.

I feel the most important thing for you is your current H1B petition documents. The SOW, Work Responsibilities, Letter from Client / Employer etc. are submitted at the time of filing the petition, you could ask for a copy from the employer for the interview.

Take your I797 and any other document mentioned in the visa application form.

I am not sure about your time on F1, but as long as you were In Status all the time, you should not overly worry.

You should have your current petition information in place. The VO will focus on H1B related questions, your job, how long have you been working, what is your salary, what is your project, your qualification etc.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Thank you for taking time to provide your response.

My concern is related to DS-160. As i said before when i was on OPT i have had change two job in couple of month and then i got my current job. If i mentioned about previous employment then VO may ask for my responsibility for the old job and may be proof (W2 etc..) As much as possible i don't want to mentioned those two jobs into DS-160 but not sure whats going to happen if i do that.

Let me know whats your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by nashp View Post
        Thank you for taking time to provide your response.

My concern is related to DS-160. As i said before when i was on OPT i have had change two job in couple of month and then i got my current job. If i mentioned about previous employment then VO may ask for my responsibility for the old job and may be proof (W2 etc..) As much as possible i don't want to mentioned those two jobs into DS-160 but not sure whats going to happen if i do that.

Let me know whats your thoughts.
        Hello, Nashp.

Your H1B is based on your current job. You have a bonafide H1B job, with a bonafide sponsor and with good paperwork. In the past you might have done anything but today you have a sponsor for H1B and an approved I797 - these are powerful tools in your favour and you should not worry.

As regards OPT, as it was OPT you cannot hide it from the Visa Officer. I doubt he will harp too much on the older jobs, he might ask you for your title etc. but they would be more interested in what you do Now.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X