Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension -~6+ months Delay at Vermont

Hi

My H1B extension was filed on April 12th 2013 and got receipt from USCIS on Apr-15-2013. Till now my case is in initial status .
    The center has processing date of 10th April which is not moving further since June 30th .

Does any one with extension has similar issue? Upgrading to premium is option but my company is not ready to sponsor as one week move will give a result in my case. Please suggest

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi

My H1B extension was filed on April 12th 2013 and got receipt from USCIS on Apr-15-2013. Till now my case is in initial status .
    The center has processing date of 10th April which is not moving further since June 30th .

Does any one with extension has similar issue? Upgrading to premium is option but my company is not ready to sponsor as one week move will give a result in my case. Please suggest
    6 Months is indeed a long time. Before upgrading to premium why not take an infopass appointment with USCIS to discuss the delay?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      6 Months is indeed a long time. Before upgrading to premium why not take an infopass appointment with USCIS to discuss the delay?

Thanks for the quick reply

As the processing date is still Apr 10th 2013 on USCIS website , my company told that they cannot raise a query on my behalf untill processing date changes post Apr 15th.

Can you please give me more details on Infopass appointment - Is it similar to raising a query ?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

As the processing date is still Apr 10th 2013 on USCIS website , my company told that they cannot raise a query on my behalf untill processing date changes post Apr 15th.

Can you please give me more details on Infopass appointment - Is it similar to raising a query ?
        It currently shows April 17th 2013. That too its as of Aug-31-2013. http://www.immihelp.com/processing-times/

As for Info Pass , there is an "Infopass" link on the right side of the above page. http://www.immihelp.com/processing-times/

Comment

Processing times for H1 B extension is still April 10th , but yes the H1B normal is now moved to 17th . My case is H1B extension.

I-129---Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker----H-1B – Specialty occupation – Extension of stay in the U.S.------10th April, 2013

Tried calling the Customer service number , but its automated system which tells the same status as on USCIS site.

For general immigration matters, such as questions about USCIS forms, case status or green card renewal process which do not require a scheduled appointment to meet with a USCIS officer in person you can contact USCIS by phone at their National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375- 5283 or over the internet at USCIS
          Click here to Schedule and Access the InfoPass Appointment System

Comment

Is there anyone in similar situation , filed extension in APR waiting for decision at Vermont.

Processing times for H1 B extension is still April 10th , but yes the H1B normal is now moved to 17th . My case is H1B extension.

I-129---Petition for A Nonimmigrant Worker----H-1B – Specialty occupation – Extension of stay in the U.S.------10th April, 2013

Tried calling the Customer service number , but its automated system which tells the same status as on USCIS site.

Comment

Is there anyone in similar situation , filed extension in APR waiting for decision at Vermont.
              Is there anyone in similar situation , filed extension in April waiting for decision at Vermont.

Comment

Dear [email protected] & Raghvi,

My H1B application is pending under administrative processing since more than 9 months. It is my fresh application & I never visited any country yet. I do not why they taking so much long time in processing.

Is there anyway to escalate my case so that they can expidte processing my case??

Any suggestion will be appreciated!!!!

Is there anyone in similar situation , filed extension in April waiting for decision at Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by rmkhan View Post
                  Dear [email protected] & Raghvi,

My H1B application is pending under administrative processing since more than 9 months. It is my fresh application & I never visited any country yet. I do not why they taking so much long time in processing.

Is there anyway to escalate my case so that they can expidte processing my case??

Any suggestion will be appreciated!!!!
                  If I were you I would ask this question to my Employer first. Why wasn't it upgraded to premium? Was an infopass appointment sought? Did the lawyer receive an RFE? Did they try to contact the USCIS as to what is causing the delay?

Comment

Hi All

As the processing dates on USCIS website has changed for H1B Extension to May 29th . We raised a service request with USCIS, but the response to service request on status check after 10 days is still a vague answer .

Your petition is currently under active consideration. You should receive a decision or other notice of action shortly. We regret that we are not able to give you a more specific time frame for when we will complete the review of your petition/application.
                    What You Can Do
                    Please see the "Online Services" below to check the status of your case in the near future. We apologize for the delay.<>
                    My question is :
                    Did any one got this kind of generic response of service requests.Does it mean that an RFE is on the way !!
                    Any idea on how much time it will take again to get and update . Now my status is kind of difficult as we cannot raise a server request again nor my employer wants to upgrade to premium.
                    Please suggest .

Comment

Hi
                      Can you please let me know if anyone got similar response and what outcome is expected & what's the avg wait time for status to update in this case.

Hi All

As the processing dates on USCIS website has changed for H1B Extension to May 29th . We raised a service request with USCIS, but the response to service request on status check after 10 days is still a vague answer .

My question is :
                      Did any one got this kind of generic response of service requests.Does it mean that an RFE is on the way !!
                      Any idea on how much time it will take again to get and update . Now my status is kind of difficult as we cannot raise a server request again nor my employer wants to upgrade to premium.
                      Please suggest .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X