Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 related clarification for person on H4 visa

Hi,

I am on H4 visa in US and have to undertake a India trip due to family needs, here are my case facts and need advice.

1) I have to go for h4 visa stamp as my husband had changed employer and my visa stamp with previous employer expires in 12/2013.
    2) I have my I-539 approved until the new petition period and my I-94 [says to detach and staple in passport ] has also been extended and the same is reflected in the I-539 approval.
    3) The dates on extended I-94 [on I-539] start precisely from the point the I-94 date stapled in the passport expires, which means the dates on it as of today make no sense.

Now question is:
    I will be leaving to India before the expiry of I-94 date on the document stapled in the PP, so when I am leaving the country [US] which I-94 should I be dropping off with airline associate.
    Should that be the one which is stapled in the PP or the one in the I-539 form [ which actually has not even started ].

Please suggest as soon as possible, I have to leave in 2 days.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Originally posted by thornberry View Post
    Hi,

I am on H4 visa in US and have to undertake a India trip due to family needs, here are my case facts and need advice.

1) I have to go for h4 visa stamp as my husband had changed employer and my visa stamp with previous employer expires in 12/2013.
    2) I have my I-539 approved until the new petition period and my I-94 [says to detach and staple in passport ] has also been extended and the same is reflected in the I-539 approval.
    3) The dates on extended I-94 [on I-539] start precisely from the point the I-94 date stapled in the passport expires, which means the dates on it as of today make no sense.

Now question is:
    I will be leaving to India before the expiry of I-94 date on the document stapled in the PP, so when I am leaving the country [US] which I-94 should I be dropping off with airline associate.
    Should that be the one which is stapled in the PP or the one in the I-539 form [ which actually has not even started ].

Please suggest as soon as possible, I have to leave in 2 days.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
    One should drop off all I 94s in ones possession at the time of departure. You can keep xerox copies for your personal references.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X