Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer while in India

Hi,

I have a H1B from Company A and stamped till Sept 2015. I traveled to the US and returned recently.

Another employer B based in India is willing to do a H1B transfer. And an employer C based in the US is willing to do a H1B transfer as well.

Can both the H1B transfers from employer B and C happen together? And if the offer from employer C who is based in US is better, Can i choose it and travel from here?

Please advice. Please let me know if there are any risks involved. Thank you

Regards,
    Sangeetha

Originally posted by Sangeetha Raman View Post
    Hi,

I have a H1B from Company A and stamped till Sept 2015. I traveled to the US and returned recently.

Another employer B based in India is willing to do a H1B transfer. And an employer C based in the US is willing to do a H1B transfer as well.

Can both the H1B transfers from employer B and C happen together? And if the offer from employer C who is based in US is better, Can i choose it and travel from here?

Please advice. Please let me know if there are any risks involved. Thank you

Regards,
    Sangeetha
    Yes, you can technically have multiple H1 petitions filed. Eventually, at the time of travel, if you have both the approved petitions in your hand, you have to decide through which company you want to travel and work for. You cannot decide after entering US. Also, once in US you should work only with that company. In order to transfer, you should again file a transfer petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes, you can technically have multiple H1 petitions filed. Eventually, at the time of travel, if you have both the approved petitions in your hand, you have to decide through which company you want to travel and work for. You cannot decide after entering US. Also, once in US you should work only with that company. In order to transfer, you should again file a transfer petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you so much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X