Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Validity

Hello friends,

I have my H1- B valid till 05th Jan 2014 and i had filed my extension on 4th Dec 2013. my passport is expiring on 26th Oct 2014.

My question is will i get Visa valid till my Passport expiry date or even beyond that?.

Please respond.

Originally posted by Maharaja Selva View Post
    Hello friends,

I have my H1- B valid till 05th Jan 2014 and i had filed my extension on 4th Dec 2013. my passport is expiring on 26th Oct 2014.

My question is will i get Visa valid till my Passport expiry date or even beyond that?.

Please respond.
    You would get it till the petition end date. So if request is for 3 years then even if passport is expiring prior to those three years, if ext is approved you would get Extension for 3 years. It a different matter that the I94 as and when you re enter US would be only till 26 Oct 2014.

This is my opinion. Ot legal advice.

Comment

H1 b Visa validity

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You would get it till the petition end date. So if request is for 3 years then even if passport is expiring prior to those three years, if ext is approved you would get Extension for 3 years. It a different matter that the I94 as and when you re enter US would be only till 26 Oct 2014.

This is my opinion. Ot legal advice.

Thanks for the response .How do i know the Petition end date.when i submitted the extension i didn't see any field called petition end date.Is that the one which will be filled by my Employer.

And one more question as i filed my extension on Dec 4th 2013 how long it takes to get the approval notice assuming no RFE in the current scenario.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X