X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer and bridge petition

Hi Members,

Below is my situation.

I was working for a company A till 6th of December 2013. I got an offer from company B and started working 9th December 2013. Company B filed H1 petition on 2nd of December and got notice from 3rd of December, so started working from 9th December 2013 for company B. Now company A sent letter to USCIS cancelling my H1 from 7th, and i got auto generated mail from USCIS for the same. Now i am working on petion of notice filed by B and B has filed petion in normal process, not premium. Company A has run paystubs till 6th of Dec and company B will run paystubs from 7th. I have also previous paystubs properly as per LCA. Now i got an better offer from Company C and they said they will file H1 petition in premium. My visa expires in sep 2015 and i have I-94 valid till sep 2015.

I want to know

1. The petition filing by C is a bridge petition? If so, what is exactly meaning by bridge petion.
    2. How will it affects the petition filed by company B.
    3. If in case petition filed by C denied, can i continue to work for B or do i need to leave USA because i will not have status?

Thanks!
    Babu

Babu - I am on the same boat. Did you require a bridge petition when you had a valid I94?

Originally posted by babup1413 View Post
    Hi Members,

Below is my situation.

I was working for a company A till 6th of December 2013. I got an offer from company B and started working 9th December 2013. Company B filed H1 petition on 2nd of December and got notice from 3rd of December, so started working from 9th December 2013 for company B. Now company A sent letter to USCIS cancelling my H1 from 7th, and i got auto generated mail from USCIS for the same. Now i am working on petion of notice filed by B and B has filed petion in normal process, not premium. Company A has run paystubs till 6th of Dec and company B will run paystubs from 7th. I have also previous paystubs properly as per LCA. Now i got an better offer from Company C and they said they will file H1 petition in premium. My visa expires in sep 2015 and i have I-94 valid till sep 2015.

I want to know

1. The petition filing by C is a bridge petition? If so, what is exactly meaning by bridge petion.
    2. How will it affects the petition filed by company B.
    3. If in case petition filed by C denied, can i continue to work for B or do i need to leave USA because i will not have status?

Thanks!
    Babu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X