Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension period

Hi,

I have entered US on December 2006 and moved out of country on Feb 2008.
    Again I entered to US (Same State and Same Client as my Previous entry) on December 2008 and moved out of country on July 2009
    Again I came to US (Different state and different Client from my Previous entry - Did H1B transfer and LCA Posting, etc) on March 2011 and here at US till date.
    Now (Jan 2014), I am planning to apply for H1B Extension. Would like to know, how long I am allowed to stay in US. I am asking this question because, I had gape 1+ years between my 2nd and 3rd entry to US. Also I changed my state and Client between my 2nd and 3rd entry.

Appreciate any response as early as possible.
    Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by umamah View Post
    Hi,

I have entered US on December 2006 and moved out of country on Feb 2008.
    Again I entered to US (Same State and Same Client as my Previous entry) on December 2008 and moved out of country on July 2009
    Again I came to US (Different state and different Client from my Previous entry - Did H1B transfer and LCA Posting, etc) on March 2011 and here at US till date.
    Now (Jan 2014), I am planning to apply for H1B Extension. Would like to know, how long I am allowed to stay in US. I am asking this question because, I had gape 1+ years between my 2nd and 3rd entry to US. Also I changed my state and Client between my 2nd and 3rd entry.

Appreciate any response as early as possible.
    Thanks in Advance.
    It doesnt matter if you were outside the US for 1 Year or more, as long as you use the previous H1 petition and dont file under fresh cap, your clock wouldnt be reset.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

@Raghvi..
      In this case, he was out side of US for more than 1 year (Jul-2009 to March 2011) and he is applying in 2014 under the new cap. When he gets the new H1, does he get for another 6 years - March 2011 (around 3 yrs) ???????

Comment

If he is applying for new Cap in April 2014 where was he prior to April 2014? That is where was he from April 2013 till April 2014? If he was outside US from April 2013 till April 2014 then he would be eligible for fresh H1 which would be, if approved, initially valid from 01-Oct-2014 till Oct 2017 and further extendable by another 3 Years. from 2017 onward.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X