Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License in NJ State when H1b is under Extension

Hai All,

My Husband And I came to Chicago IL US in dec 2012 in H1b and H4 , and on sept 2013 his project got changed and we had to move to FL. only then my Husband got his License, which is valid for one yr . Later after a Month he got an offer in the US based company in NJ , we moved to NJ in nov 2013. his petition is been filed for change of job and extension but yet to receive the approval confirmation from USIS .
    My Question

1) Can My Husband Get License in New Jersey ? if so what all the Documents Required ? ( we have the petition receipt )
    2) we have saved up some money for car , so we are planning to buy it , but when it comes registration can it be done ???

Please Help me , we are spending lot of money in rental car .
    -Bharathi

License in NJ State when H1b is under Extension

If your current petition/I 94 has expired already, He cannot get the license. I would recommend to convert your extension petition to premium and you would get the result in 15 days. If it is approved, then you will also have new I 94 based on the approved petition. You can submit these documents to get the license.

If I am you, i would not waste money in the rental car and instead, would convert to premium.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      If your current petition/I 94 has expired already, He cannot get the license. I would recommend to convert your extension petition to premium and you would get the result in 15 days. If it is approved, then you will also have new I 94 based on the approved petition. You can submit these documents to get the license.

If I am you, i would not waste money in the rental car and instead, would convert to premium.
      Thank you ,,

the Current Petition is the petition that was provided in florida ??
      if that is so , the I 94 is valid up to dec 2014 ,

So i can take that petiton and get my license right ??

correct me if I am wrong !!!!

-Bharathi

Comment

License in NJ State when H1b is under Extension

I am not sure what are the documents needed in Florida and you need to check their DMV website to get the exact details.

In general, they will be looking out for your latest approved petition and current I 94.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
          I am not sure what are the documents needed in Florida and you need to check their DMV website to get the exact details.

In general, they will be looking out for your latest approved petition and current I 94.

thank you for the help ,

my Husband explained the problem to the DMV at Eatontown NJ and they used the latest I94 which was in the previous petition.

- Bharathi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X