Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing the visa from H4 to H1 and Calculating the working timeframe on working visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing the visa from H4 to H1 and Calculating the working timeframe on working visa

I am currently on H4 visa. I entered this country on June 2007 on L1B visa . We applied for H4 visa on April 2012 and H4 receipt date is April 26,2012 and H4 visa got approved on July 2012. I went out of USA couple of times during June 2007 to July 2012.
    Now, I found an employer who is ready to sponser H1 for me, they wanted to know how much time is left on working -visa out of my 6-year duration.
    Please help. I am really consfused how to calculate the working time-period for me? Any help would be apprecaited.

Originally posted by isha123 View Post
    I am currently on H4 visa. I entered this country on June 2007 on L1B visa . We applied for H4 visa on April 2012 and H4 receipt date is April 26,2012 and H4 visa got approved on July 2012. I went out of USA couple of times during June 2007 to July 2012.
    Now, I found an employer who is ready to sponser H1 for me, they wanted to know how much time is left on working -visa out of my 6-year duration.
    Please help. I am really consfused how to calculate the working time-period for me? Any help would be apprecaited.
    You were in US from June 2007 till April 2012 thats nearly 5 Years. . L1+H1 can max be for 6 Years, and as you havent been outside US for one entire year your time remaining is 6 -5 Years that is, 1 Year + time you spent outside US in 2007-2012 period.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X