Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding port of entry while returning back after H1 B stamping

HI All,

I recently got my H1 stamped successfully at Mumbai. Mine was complicated case. I had received I-797B and even I had lost my project, but luckily got stamped.

Question is -
    which location I should choose while returning as my port of entry?. Should it be my employer location or project location. Project location as per my I-797 is Chicago (which anyways I don't have anymore).

Second thing is my I-797 is in my maiden name and visa stamped is in my married name. would that cause any problem? what is the process for name change in I-797?

I need to book tickets as per.

Thank you for your any advice.

Originally posted by chikzz View Post
    HI All,

I recently got my H1 stamped successfully at Mumbai. Mine was complicated case. I had received I-797B and even I had lost my project, but luckily got stamped.

Question is -
    which location I should choose while returning as my port of entry?. Should it be my employer location or project location. Project location as per my I-797 is Chicago (which anyways I don't have anymore).

Second thing is my I-797 is in my maiden name and visa stamped is in my married name. would that cause any problem? what is the process for name change in I-797?

I need to book tickets as per.

Thank you for your any advice.
    It doesnt matter which one is the Port of Entry. But why would you go to Chicago when you dont have work there? Also, if you no longer have work in Chicago, a new project should have its corresponding LCA and preferably an H1 amendment filed too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      It doesnt matter which one is the Port of Entry. But why would you go to Chicago when you dont have work there? Also, if you no longer have work in Chicago, a new project should have its corresponding LCA and preferably an H1 amendment filed too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you raghvi.

I had read that its safe to have client location port of entry. That is reason I was inclined towards chicago even though I don't have project. yes my employer would file it as soon as I get new project, but for now I have I-797 and approved H1 stamping with old client and need to return from India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X