Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and L1B

Hi,

I have a H4 visa and at present in India.
    I have found a H1 sponsor who is ready to file my H1 visa for April 2014 year.
    Additionally, there might be chances that my current ( Indian ) company files a L1B for me somewhere around May-June 2014. However,this is just a possibility.
    Would it be a problem in such a scenario ( applying for two visas )..

Thanks,
    Priyanka

Originally posted by priyanka8275 View Post
    Hi,

I have a H4 visa and at present in India.
    I have found a H1 sponsor who is ready to file my H1 visa for April 2014 year.
    Additionally, there might be chances that my current ( Indian ) company files a L1B for me somewhere around May-June 2014. However,this is just a possibility.
    Would it be a problem in such a scenario ( applying for two visas )..

Thanks,
    Priyanka
    No.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      No.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks!!

So that means I can apply for L1B, even though I have H1 in process. Is there any recommended months/days of gap between applying another visa when one visa is in process. Would this be a risk if i go L1B interview when H1 is in process ?

Comment

H1 and L1 are independent of each other. They are two different petitions and are treated independent of each other. So you should not have any issues filing L1 while H1 in process.

You can also go for L1 interview even if a h1 petition is filed.

Whats your target? To work with L1 employer in US ? OR , to work with H1 employer in US? Or to work in US irrespective of the employer?

If you would want to work with L1 employer only, go ahead with L1 stamping.
        If you want to work with H1 employer, go ahead with H1 stamping.

This is my opinion not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X