Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - 221g green slip (Mumbai)

Hello All,

My wife appeared for H4 visa (renewal) interview on 11th March 2014. She got 221g (green slip) and asked to submit below documents.

Scan and submit the following as a pdf document:

Invitation: An invitation letter from the sponsoring organization in the US. For graduate students, workers, and exchange visitors, this letter should include the name of your supervisor or advisor and details about your work.

Submit all of the following information as a Word document:

Resume: A detailed resume/CV that lists your professional and/or academic backgrounds from your past/present work, three professional references, and a list of all publications.

Research: A complete and detailed description of 1) any research you intend to conduct in the US; and 2) all past and/or current research you have conducted in all countries. You must include a description of the practical applications of your research and study.

Position: Your current job title and a full description of your work.

Purpose: A detailed statement of purpose of your visit to the US.

Itinerary: An itinerary of all locations you will visit in the US, including dates, contact names, organizations, addresses, and telephone numbers.

Funding: Name of the person or organization that is funding your trip and your research.

Travelers: A list of all travelers who will accompany you, including family members and colleagues.

Travel: Dates and locations of all your international travel for last 10 year, except for US travel.

We are not sure why they have requested these papers.
    I am concerned whether they need a invitation letter from me or from my company.
    She has not done any research in USA or not even done any study in USA so what we need to say to answer to that query. (What should we have to submit in Research, Resume, Position ?)

Specially why they asked for Position . She is on H4 and she can't work. What should we have to submit ??

She is in USA since 2012 and she is a home maker. Even she is not doing any study in USA. She went to India in Feb 2014 for 1.5 months.

Visa officer was only asking questions about her study, (like what your highest education etc.) and he asked only one question about H1 (Where your husband doing work? and she answered xyz company)

She told visa officer two times, I am on H4 and I am on dependent visa but he didn't listen any words and gave 221g.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please please help me.

Thanks,

No reply yet. Please helped me out. Anybody has any thought.

Comment

Originally posted by dkshah View Post
      No reply yet. Please helped me out. Anybody has any thought.
      Whats field has your wife Studied/Majored in?

Comment

Follow this thread you might get some insights.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply raghvi.

She did MPharm in India.
          But she came to USA in Feb, 2012. Since then she is not doing any study in USA. She is only a house wife here.
          I am really confused, why they asked these type of questions and asking these types of documents for H4 holder and currently she is not doing any study on H4.

Comment

Originally posted by dkshah View Post
            Thanks for the reply raghvi.

She did MPharm in India.
            But she came to USA in Feb, 2012. Since then she is not doing any study in USA. She is only a house wife here.
            I am really confused, why they asked these type of questions and asking these types of documents for H4 holder and currently she is not doing any study on H4.
            They do scrutinize people who have have studied in the TAL associated areas. As mentioned in my other post, provide the latest resume and a cover letter mentioning that she is not working as she is applying for dependent H4 visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Help needed

I hope your wife is back to join you. I am in same situation. Please give us some info on how long it took and what were the next steps. We had interview for H4 on September 30th and got Green slip with all the questions listed in your original post. We have sent all documents they asked. They replied back immediately for formatting of document. But, when we resent the documents, we got no response. Now, we are at endless frustrating waiting period. Please guide and help here.

Comment

221g Green slip for H4visa in Mumbai

Me and my wife went for visa interview together, I got my H1B approved but
                my wife received 221G green slip to submit documents. She was on H4 visa
                for last two years.
                Before that she was working in US for 2 years in Biotechnology field. Visa officer asked for her invitation letter, resume,
                funding, research etc. She doesnt have because she doesnt work.
                Need help, please let us know what you guys submitted and when your visa was approved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X