Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earliest travel date after H1B transfer and required documents

Hello,

I've got H1 visa stamped from Company "A" last year which valid from Oct 2013 till Sep 2016. I worked for this company in US for a month then returned back to India. Recently I've got an offer from another US based company "B" who got my visa transfer done. The case is Approved now.
    The start date on petition from company "B" is mentioned as 28th July 2014.

My question is
    1. Can I travel with H1 visa stamped from Company A which valid till Sep 2016. or restamping for company "B" is required?
    2. What all document do I need to carry if I dont go for restamping and travel with stamped visa from company A
    3. As my stamped visa is valid till Sep 2016 but the start date on petition from company "B" is mentioned as 28th July 2014. What's the earliest date I can travel and start work in US?
    4. Would there be any supporting documents required for my wife during travel? She has H4 (dependent )visa stamped on her passport from company "A".

Thanks and appreciate all the help provided on this forum.

Thanks again,

Originally posted by hi_123 View Post
    Hello,

I've got H1 visa stamped from Company "A" last year which valid from Oct 2013 till Sep 2016. I worked for this company in US for a month then returned back to India. Recently I've got an offer from another US based company "B" who got my visa transfer done. The case is Approved now.
    The start date on petition from company "B" is mentioned as 28th July 2014.

My question is
    1. Can I travel with H1 visa stamped from Company A which valid till Sep 2016. or restamping for company "B" is required?
    2. What all document do I need to carry if I dont go for restamping and travel with stamped visa from company A
    3. As my stamped visa is valid till Sep 2016 but the start date on petition from company "B" is mentioned as 28th July 2014. What's the earliest date I can travel and start work in US?
    4. Would there be any supporting documents required for my wife during travel? She has H4 (dependent )visa stamped on her passport from company "A".

Thanks and appreciate all the help provided on this forum.

Thanks again,
    1. You can travel on existing visa no need to go for fresh visa stamp till Sep 2016.
    2. You would need the approved I797 petition of Company B, offer letter.
    3. Earliest you can travel is July 18th, but you can start work only from July 28th.
    4. If she is travelling with you no need for anything additional.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks alot.

Appreciate your response.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X