Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One bank reference number for H1 and H4 if going for visa stamping together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One bank reference number for H1 and H4 if going for visa stamping together?

Hi,

I am (on H1) preparing to go to visa stamping with my wife (on H4) in Chennai.

I filled the forms in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in. While filling the form I added my wife's info in 'Dependents' section.
    In the payment page, I got the amount 2 x 190 x 62 (2 persons, $190 per person, and exchange rate is 62).
    And I got two separate textboxes to add mine and wife's receipt numbers (textboxes were labeled with our names respectively).

I paid the amount (2 x 190 x 62) in Axis Bank and I got ONE reference number from bank.
    When I logged into http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in later, I saw that the reference number (given by bank) has automatically populated next to my name as receipt number.
    My wife's textbox for receipt number is still empty.

Can I use my receipt number for my wife also? Or will I get another number for her?
    Do we get only one receipt number if we are going for visa stamping together?

Yes the same number will suffice . Infact when your reference number is activated ( 4 hours from payment) ,it will auto appear as "read-only" text against your name and
    your wife's name.

Comment

Originally posted by perry_arora View Post
      Yes the same number will suffice . Infact when your reference number is activated ( 4 hours from payment) ,it will auto appear as "read-only" text against your name and
      your wife's name.
      You mean to say that one visa fee receipt would be OK for both Primary applicant (H1) & Dependent (H4) ? No need of separate receipt for me and my wife ?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by perry_arora View Post
      your wife's name.
      What to do if reference number doesnt appear near my wife name ? Can we enter it manually and will it take into account ?

Comment

Originally posted by ARUNK1985 View Post
        You mean to say that one visa fee receipt would be OK for both Primary applicant (H1) & Dependent (H4) ? No need of separate receipt for me and my wife ?

- - - Updated - - -

What to do if reference number doesnt appear near my wife name ? Can we enter it manually and will it take into account ?
        You need to pay interview fees for yourself and for dependent separately . for e.g if you are going for H1b stamping and have listed only your wife as dependent (h4) ,
        In this case you will pay separately for yourself and your wife . There will be only 1 reference number you will receive from bank which can be used for booking appointment for your and your wife .

If you wait for around 4-5 hours after paying the amount ,the reference number (appearing on the receipt you receive from bank) will appear next to your names when you login into for scheduling the appointment.

Don't worry it is an automated process which works very well . just go and pay the fees using the form (which includes correct no of people ) .

Comment

Can we use same bank reference number(2 payments) for two H1 visa?

Hi,

Me and my wife both are having H1 work visa. we are trying to get visa stamping. We have 2 different DS160 forms. Since we travel together, i created one login form and paid the visa fees( 2 * 160) for both of us and got one Reference recept number from Axis bank. I added the same reference number for me and wife and stated her as dependent.

Will this work? since we both are in H1 work visa, Can we still use the same reference number? Please reply.

Thanks much!

Comment

What is the Receipt Number to be entered on step 8

I paid the visa fee via online transfer through my ICICI account. ICICI bank gives a "Transaction Reference Number". Is this number should be entered in the "Receipt Number" field in the "step 8" of the visa fee payment.
            Please help me out here, I am not sure from where I would get the Receipt Number.
            I tried entering the ICICI Transaction Reference Number but I got message saying that "no valid record can be found...."

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X