Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS F2 to H1B

Hello Everyone,
    I am working in India in IT firm from past 6/5 years as Quality analyst. My employer here is not ready to file H1B this year. I have few question regarding converting VISA from F2 to H1B. My wife is studying in US texas and she will be grduating next year in May 2015. My plan is to get F2 visa in Jan and try my luck in finding employer who can sponcer my H1B.
    1. I am going to take vacation for 3 months i.e. Jan to March 2015 so that I didnt get H1B then I can come back and resume my job in India. As I am coming on vacation for 3 months, I will not have experience letter from my current company. Do I need to have experience letter to apply for H1B? In that case i will have to resign from current company before going to USA, Please suggest. I ahve experience letter form previous company i.e from Dec 07 to Sep 13. is it helpful to apply for H1B?
    2. To change visa from F2 to H1 do i have to come back to India? as type of visa is changing.
    3. What kind of question will I have to face at immigration if I am applying for F2 at start to enter in US? Since i have job here in India. i dont have any intention to tell that I am going to US for COS from F2 to H1.
    4. Once i know that my H1B is been selected in lottery and its going to be approve in Oct then Can I come back to India in Mid April to serve my notice period for one month? Does it affect my H1B process?
    5. Is there any risk for changin F2 to H1?
    Regards,
    Vishal

Please solve my queries!!! Urgent!!!

Urgent!!

Comment

Originally posted by vishal_joshi View Post
      Hello Everyone,
      I am working in India in IT firm from past 6/5 years as Quality analyst. My employer here is not ready to file H1B this year. I have few question regarding converting VISA from F2 to H1B. My wife is studying in US texas and she will be grduating next year in May 2015. My plan is to get F2 visa in Jan and try my luck in finding employer who can sponcer my H1B.
      1. I am going to take vacation for 3 months i.e. Jan to March 2015 so that I didnt get H1B then I can come back and resume my job in India. As I am coming on vacation for 3 months, I will not have experience letter from my current company. Do I need to have experience letter to apply for H1B? In that case i will have to resign from current company before going to USA, Please suggest. I ahve experience letter form previous company i.e from Dec 07 to Sep 13. is it helpful to apply for H1B?
      2. To change visa from F2 to H1 do i have to come back to India? as type of visa is changing.
      3. What kind of question will I have to face at immigration if I am applying for F2 at start to enter in US? Since i have job here in India. i dont have any intention to tell that I am going to US for COS from F2 to H1.
      4. Once i know that my H1B is been selected in lottery and its going to be approve in Oct then Can I come back to India in Mid April to serve my notice period for one month? Does it affect my H1B process?
      Regards,
      Vishal
      Where would you be on April 1st 2015? India or US?

Comment

Originally posted by vishal_joshi View Post
        Hello Everyone,
        Regards,
        Vishal

Vishal, i am in the same boat as you, its very tough decision to decide how to apply & what to apply from now.
        Do you have any kind of visa ( B1/B2 or f2) to enter US and visit your wife first ?
        if you have f2 visa its easy to convert to H1B.
        Its not easy to get F2 visa for (husbands) as CO simply reject the visa by telling potential immigrant. untill unless you are so lucky to get a cozy CO.
        For B1/B2, if you want to change the status, its takes 6 months + if your visa ( Immigration is valid) then you can stay

These are just my ideas.

Comment

How is it easy???

Originally posted by svpavanster View Post
          Vishal, i am in the same boat as you, its very tough decision to decide how to apply & what to apply from now.
          Do you have any kind of visa ( B1/B2 or f2) to enter US and visit your wife first ?
          if you have f2 visa its easy to convert to H1B.
          Its not easy to get F2 visa for (husbands) as CO simply reject the visa by telling potential immigrant. untill unless you are so lucky to get a cozy CO.
          For B1/B2, if you want to change the status, its takes 6 months + if your visa ( Immigration is valid) then you can stay

These are just my ideas.
          How could you say that it is very easy to get H1b from F2? All consultancies whom I visited said that you need a F1+OPT or F1+CPT to get jobs. F2 VISA cant help is what they said. So could you please suggest as how you applied for jobs and searched for jobs? Please could you help?

Comment

F2 to H1

Originally posted by bharath90 View Post
            How could you say that it is very easy to get H1b from F2? All consultancies whom I visited said that you need a F1+OPT or F1+CPT to get jobs. F2 VISA cant help is what they said. So could you please suggest as how you applied for jobs and searched for jobs? Please could you help?
            Hi,
            My friend is on F1 visa and her husband has B1/B2 visa. Is there any way to convert B1/B2 or F2 to H1? Please help.
            Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by parisamani View Post
              Hi,
              My friend is on F1 visa and her husband has B1/B2 visa. Is there any way to convert B1/B2 or F2 to H1? Please help.
              Thank You
              H1 is filed by an employer. The quota for 2018 is full. Ned to wait until April 2018, and go through the lottery for the 2019 quota.
              Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X