Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marital status on DS-160

Hi Members,

I will be filling up my DS -160 and applying for my H4 along with my wife H1B stamping.Currently I am not married ,but will be doing a registered marriage in November end after which I will have our appointment scheduled for H1/H4 interview ,out then my marital status would have changed to "married"

Please let me know what should be mentioned in the DS-160 because it would have changed when I actually go for the interview.I think it should be "single" as of now but am not sure.Please guide.

If you are not legally married when you submit the form, your status should be reported as 'single."

--Ray B

Originally posted by nishit.gherwada View Post
    Hi Members,

I will be filling up my DS -160 and applying for my H4 along with my wife H1B stamping.Currently I am not married ,but will be doing a registered marriage in November end after which I will have our appointment scheduled for H1/H4 interview ,out then my marital status would have changed to "married"

Please let me know what should be mentioned in the DS-160 because it would have changed when I actually go for the interview.I think it should be "single" as of now but am not sure.Please guide.

Comment

Thanks ray for the quick revert

Comment

marital status clarification in DS 160

Hi

If you entered marital status as Single in DS160 and after submitting DS160 form, were you be able to fill DS160 for dependent in the same application and get interview for both of you on the same day?

Please update if you and your spouse took appointment on the same day/time and during the day of the interview did the Interviewer question about marital status being single in form.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X