Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 transferring without paystub

Hello,
    I got H1 approved on Oct 1st'05, through a consulting company, I havent started a project yet. Another employer has offered me a job and is ready to take care of all the expenses in transferring my case. The only problem is I do not have a paystub from my current employer. Can my case still be transferred without paystub. Please help.

Are you in US now?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

yes I am in US, I was on F1 status and got H1.

Comment

Please can some one reply to this situation. I really need some advice.

Comment

That's a problem. While on H1, you are supposed to get paid full salary whether you are on project or not.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

What if ...

What if the person has a Approval but still in india

DK

Comment

You need to have pay-slips from the period you have reported for duty, i.e, from the moment you land in the US.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hello,
                Thanks for all ur advices. I have talked to my current employer for issuing me a paystub. I am paying out of my pocket taxes. Do i need to tell my current employer, I am transferring my H1, or if he finds out will he cancel my H1.
                Please advice on this asap as this is very urgent and serios.

Comment

Hi,

You could inform your current employer about your job change after you get the reciept from USCIS for the H1 transfer filled by your 2nd employer. Before that there is no need for informing and there is no way the current employer can find out if you are applying for a transfer or not.

Didnt your current employer ask why you required paystubs by paying from your pocket? Would he not have guessed that you are planning to leave and thats the reason you are asking for paystubs? Just my doubts.

Be cautious that the day your current employer fires you, you would be out of status and that he need not apply for a cancellation of H1. So make sure you get the reciept for H1 transfer before you inform the current employer

-Amit

Comment

Thanks alot,
                    I havent told my employer as of now that I am planning to transfer. I asked him for paystubs so I can be legally OK and also I need a letter from him, coz I am applying for canadian immigration. they wont issue me a letter unless I pay taxes. But thanks for your help. My current employer is a nice person, but for some odd reason, he is unable to find a project for me. everytime I ask him, he says it takes time and there are no openings now but when I search there are lot of companies that are hiring. I dont know what to do.

Comment

Please reply immediately. H1 transfer

Hello,
                      I am in need of depserate help. My employer hasn't palced me on a project as of today, which means I am still on bench,I was about to pay my taxes but the taxes were too high and couldn't afford it. So I decided to stay with them till I find a project. I got to know from someone that a letter of absence can be obtained. I talked to them and they refused to issue me a letter of absence. I have another offer but its for full time only. Can someone suggest me on how to get rid of my current employer. I am stuck right now with nowhere to go. My future is blank as of now. I paid out my pocket expenses to get H1. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
                      Regards,
                      p_champ

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X