Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport expires within 6 months at Port of Entry

Hello Everyone,

I am travelling to India on Nov 27th and returning back to Chicago on Dec 21st 2014. My passport expiry date is 16-June-2015.
    I am sure that I would get visa stamping done in first week of December assuring that I have at least 6 months for my passport to expire at the time of stamping

During stamping, do they consider my valid H1B end date or my passport expiry date for new visa on my passport..?

Also during Port of Entry, would CBP allow me since I would be left with 5 months, 25 days more for my passport to expire..?

Originally posted by sr1985 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am travelling to India on Nov 27th and returning back to Chicago on Dec 21st 2014. My passport expiry date is 16-June-2015.
    I am sure that I would get visa stamping done in first week of December assuring that I have at least 6 months for my passport to expire at the time of stamping

During stamping, do they consider my valid H1B end date or my passport expiry date for new visa on my passport..?

Also during Port of Entry, would CBP allow me since I would be left with 5 months, 25 days more for my passport to expire..?
    I dont see much of a concern, worst case you will get I-94 only till 16-June-2015.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X