Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my wife travel back to US when my H1 transfer is in progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my wife travel back to US when my H1 transfer is in progress?

Hi, My wife has a H4 stamping valid till Feb 2015 and she went to India for vacation and she would travel back to US by Dec 25 2014. Most probably I would be applying for H1 transfer to other company by Nov 24 2014. Can my wife still travel back to US with the existing valid stamped H4 visa in her passport while my transfer would either be in processing state or could be in approved state if I apply H1 transfer on Nov 24.

Originally posted by h1b.123 View Post
    Hi, My wife has a H4 stamping valid till Feb 2015 and she went to India for vacation and she would travel back to US by Dec 25 2014. Most probably I would be applying for H1 transfer to other company by Nov 24 2014. Can my wife still travel back to US with the existing valid stamped H4 visa in her passport while my transfer would either be in processing state or could be in approved state if I apply H1 transfer on Nov 24.
    As long as your spouse has your approved petition copy of the employer you are working with at the time of her entry to US it is fine.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      As long as your spouse has your approved petition copy of the employer you are working with at the time of her entry to US it is fine.

Hi Raghi, Thanks for your reply. What if my H1 transfer petition is in processing state when she enters US? Even though she has a valid visa in her passport which is tied to my H1 which I got from my previous employer, will there be any issue?

Comment

With which employer would you be working with at the time of her entry into US? She needs to carry the approved petition of that employer at that time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X