X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa for government employee

Hi,

My Situation is like this.

I plan to go for stamping on H1 visa and will be travelling to US in December 2014.
    My spouse and 2 kids do not have a passport which we are applying now. My wife is working as a government employee. My dependents will be staying with
    me only for 2 months and will be going back to India.

My visa is for one year which we will be extending and naturally her H4 will also be for one year. We are planning to file for extension during the time she stays with me for 2 months in the US. How long will it take to get the extension? Can she go back to India after filing extension and before it getting approved? In that case what all other process that needs to be done if she is coming back next year for 2 months?

My wife will be going for H4 stamping along with 2 kids while I will be in the US. Some questions here...

1. Hope there will be no complications to get H4 since she is going separately.
    2. What are the documents required for her to get H4 since she is a govt employee?
    3. Should she produce a NOC or proof of leave or employment?
    4. Is the 2 months stay in US going to be a problem?

Any update on my situation and how to proceed will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Anup

Originally posted by anupkumarv View Post
    Hi,

My Situation is like this.

I plan to go for stamping on H1 visa and will be travelling to US in December 2014.
    My spouse and 2 kids do not have a passport which we are applying now. My wife is working as a government employee. My dependents will be staying with
    me only for 2 months and will be going back to India.

My visa is for one year which we will be extending and naturally her H4 will also be for one year. We are planning to file for extension during the time she stays with me for 2 months in the US. How long will it take to get the extension? Can she go back to India after filing extension and before it getting approved? In that case what all other process that needs to be done if she is coming back next year for 2 months?

My wife will be going for H4 stamping along with 2 kids while I will be in the US. Some questions here...

1. Hope there will be no complications to get H4 since she is going separately.
    2. What are the documents required for her to get H4 since she is a govt employee?
    3. Should she produce a NOC or proof of leave or employment?
    4. Is the 2 months stay in US going to be a problem?

Any update on my situation and how to proceed will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Anup

Hi Anup,

Did you get the answers for your questions? I'm also about to apply for H4 for wife who is Govt. employee? Please let me know the procedures if you are aware.

Comment

H4 Visa for govt employee

Originally posted by Kumar1111 View Post
      Hi Anup,

Did you get the answers for your questions? I'm also about to apply for H4 for wife who is Govt. employee? Please let me know the procedures if you are aware.
      Hi Kumar,

She obtained a employment continuation letter from her govt office highlighting that the letter is for producing in the US consulate for the H4 Visa interview.

Note : She went for the interview and no such letter was asked for. The only questions were
      1. Where is your husband working?
      2. What is his position in the company?
      3. Where are you planning to go?

Thanks
      Anup

Comment

Hi Kumar,

She obtained a employment continuation letter from her govt office highlighting that the letter is for producing in the US consulate for the H4 Visa interview.

Note : She went for the interview and no such letter was asked for. The only questions were

Thanks
        Anup
        Hi Anup,
        Is that the only letter, employment continuation letter, you obtained from her office.
        Dont we need any NOC docs or something like that from the govt office.
        People at my wife's office where saying its very long process to get the required docs for a H4 visa.

So, please let me know the complete list of documents you got from your end and her end as well.
        I am not finding anyone to answer my questions here, thank god i find your blog .

Thanks
        Raghu

Comment

Originally posted by traghu84 View Post
          Hi Anup,
          Is that the only letter, employment continuation letter, you obtained from her office.
          Dont we need any NOC docs or something like that from the govt office.
          People at my wife's office where saying its very long process to get the required docs for a H4 visa.

So, please let me know the complete list of documents you got from your end and her end as well.
          I am not finding anyone to answer my questions here, thank god i find your blog .

Thanks
          Raghu
          She only got the employment continuation letter.
          NOC was obtained initially to apply for a passport where it was a must. (this is not required for VISA as they are not concerned about your spouse's current employment)
          The employment continuation letter can be obtained within a week or so and it depends on the different offices. My wife applied in the morning and got it in the evening.

On the complete set of documents,

1. DS160, Appointment letters, Visa receipt
          2. Employment continuation letter
          3. My Visa Application Notice (I797) ( As I was in India, she took the original. A copy is fine).
          4. My appointment letter.
          5. A copy of all the pages of my passport.
          6. If you are in the US you will need an Employment continuation letter and last 3 or 4 pay stubs.
          7. Original Marriage certificate
          8. Album and Marriage Invitation Letter.
          9. She also carried all her certificates.
          10. For the kids, we took their original birth certificates.
          11. Since the company was applying for her VISA, I also took all financial details of the company like bank statements, Income tax papers and Lease agreement.

In the interview, Nothing was asked though. They just asked where I am employed and where she is going to? Sometimes they might ask your position in the company.

Thanks,
          Anup

Comment

help needed

Hi Kumar,

Thanks
            Anup

Did your wife carry any leave approval letter also??

My husband is already working in USA on H1B visa. Now. I have submitted DS160 and waiting for my H4 visa appointment in Mumbai. I am working a PUBLIC SECTOR BANK and have disclosed the same in DS 160 Under OTHER CATEGORY FOR EMPLOYMENT DETAILS. I plan to visit USA for 1 month on paid leave and resign once I make up my mind to stay there for longer period. Its a big decision for me to leave my job. What should I do, I am afraid what should I say when Visa Officer asks questions regarding my job:

1. Do i need to take NOC and leave approval letter from my employer for appearing for interview and for travelling.? My company does not issue NOC for dependant visa.

2. I have leave approval for 1 month. Would my visa be valid for 1 month only?

Comment

Hi Kumar,

Thanks
              Anup
              What exactly is "Employment Continuation Letter"..?? Is it bonafide - certificate?

Comment

Originally posted by khush123 View Post
                Did your wife carry any leave approval letter also??

My husband is already working in USA on H1B visa. Now. I have submitted DS160 and waiting for my H4 visa appointment in Mumbai. I am working a PUBLIC SECTOR BANK and have disclosed the same in DS 160 Under OTHER CATEGORY FOR EMPLOYMENT DETAILS. I plan to visit USA for 1 month on paid leave and resign once I make up my mind to stay there for longer period. Its a big decision for me to leave my job. What should I do, I am afraid what should I say when Visa Officer asks questions regarding my job:

1. Do i need to take NOC and leave approval letter from my employer for appearing for interview and for travelling.? My company does not issue NOC for dependant visa.

2. I have leave approval for 1 month. Would my visa be valid for 1 month only?
                Hi,

She did not carry any leave approval letter...just an employment continuation letter.
                From my research, I think they are not worried about your current employment. They just want to make sure that you are the spouse of the primary applicant and you have currently no plans of working there.. So they might not ask anything about your current employment (sometimes can ask like where u r working....just that I guess). Do not give any information unasked for...

1. Take an employment continuation letter, your id and statements (not required....just to be on the safer side)
                2. Your visa does not depend on your leave approval...It depends on the validity of your Spouse's Visa.

Anup

Comment

Originally posted by khush123 View Post
                  What exactly is "Employment Continuation Letter"..?? Is it bonafide - certificate?

My wife got one like this...

Its a letter from the company (in their letter head) stating that you work for so and so company in x position. You joined on some date and is still continuing. This letter is for producing in x consulate for dependent visa purposes. something like this...

Please note that they might not ask this...My wife was asked only 2 questions (where is your husband working and where are you planning to go..)..

All the best...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X