Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on DS-160

Hi,

I am currently in India. I was in USA for last 3+ yrs on L1B Visa. My employer AAA tried to extend my visa from L1B to L1A but it got denied so I had to return to India.

I applied for H1B in current year cycle through different employer XYZ. I got my petition approved finally last week. I am working on my DS-160 for Visa interview and not sure about below questions.

1. Has your U.S. Visa ever been cancelled or revoked? - Should I answer Yes or No since my L1B to L1A extension of stay/change of status was denied.
    2. Information about Present Employer - Should this be my current Indian AAA or my petitioner employer XYZ.
    3. I have US born baby. Since he is US citizen, he doesn't need visa. Do I need to show him as companion under Travel details. I have already shown my wife over there.
    4. On the last section of Temporary Work Visa information, there is a question on Name of the Person/Company who filed petition. I have put my petitioner name over there. Below that, there is a question on Name of the Employer along with Address where I'd be working. I put my client address over there since its mentioned in my H1B petition. What should go in Name of the Employer ? Client name or my Employer name ?

Thanks
    Last edited by scorpian69; 12-03-2014, 01:41 PM.

Originally posted by scorpian69 View Post
    Hi,

I am currently in India. I was in USA for last 3+ yrs on L1B Visa. My employer AAA tried to extend my visa from L1B to L1A but it got denied so I had to return to India.

I applied for H1B in current year cycle through different employer XYZ. I got my petition approved finally last week. I am working on my DS-160 for Visa interview and not sure about below questions.

1. Has your U.S. Visa ever been cancelled or revoked? - Should I answer Yes or No since my L1B to L1A extension of stay/change of status was denied.
    2. Information about Present Employer - Should this be my current Indian AAA or my petitioner employer XYZ.
    3. I have US born baby. Since he is US citizen, he doesn't need visa. Do I need to show him as companion under Travel details. I have already shown my wife over there.
    4. On the last section of Temporary Work Visa information, there is a question on Name of the Person/Company who filed petition. I have put my petitioner name over there. Below that, there is a question on Name of the Employer along with Address where I'd be working. I put my client address over there since its mentioned in my H1B petition. What should go in Name of the Employer ? Client name or my Employer name ?

Thanks
    1. Answer is no.
    2. Current employer AAA.
    3. Yes.
    4. Employer name as they are the ones paying your salary.

Did you overstay your L1B I-94 while doing a L1B to L1A? If yes, there is another section in DS-160 where you have to declare if you overstayed your authorized duration. Also, you should note that the time spent in L1 status would be deducted from the 6 Years limit allowed for L1+H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Answer is no.
      2. Current employer AAA.
      3. Yes.
      4. Employer name as they are the ones paying your salary.

Did you overstay your L1B I-94 while doing a L1B to L1A? If yes, there is another section in DS-160 where you have to declare if you overstayed your authorized duration. Also, you should note that the time spent in L1 status would be deducted from the 6 Years limit allowed for L1+H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Regarding Question 4 of Employer Name, my work address is of client (say KLM) so it doesn't match with my employer/petitioner (XYZ). One of my friend put something like XYZ care of KLM. Does that sound good or should I put simply XYZ ?

Good point regarding Overstay. Can declaration of that overstay cause any harm? I believe that overstay was legal as my L1B to L1A in progress? Do I need to carry any documents during Visa Interview to justify that in case question arise?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X